I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

New blu-rays:

I considered getting the Machete Kills blu, but I think I’lljust wait for the inevitable box set after the third one comes out ::slight_smile:

IF a third one comes out. Machete Kills only just made its money back, it didn’t perform anywhere near as well as the first movie, which quadrupled its outlay; Mr. Rodriguez might struggle to find financiers for a third go around. Unless he’s going to significantly reduce the budget (difficult with the next one supposed to be in space) or put the $15-$20m it’s going to cost in himself, I don’t know if it’ll happen. I hope so, though.

New Blu-ray:

Oh well that sucks! Geez, I hope they do get something. Maybe his El Rey network will get him the extra dough to put out the third! :smiley:

Picked up on blu:
Snuff
42nd Street Forever

I just picked up the entire series of HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL.

New blu-ray:

The wife wanted The Little Mermaid on blu so I took advantage of the current “Two Extortionate Disney Films For the Price of One” promotion currently in effect; it’s the only way I’ll buy Disney pics, pretty much.

Usually I don’t like Disney movies but my guilty pleasure is that I own all 4 Pirates of the Caribbean films on blu ray. :-[

Nothing wrong with that! If you like it, then to Hell with guilt! The PotC franchise probably looks superb on blu-ray. Personally speaking, I’m not a fan of At World’s End and I’ve never even seen On Stranger Tides but I’ve debated picking up the first two on blu myself. If I like something, I like something. I don’t give a monkey’s. I’ve got three seasons of the original The Muppet Show, five seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants, all of the Pixar movies (apart from Brave), and I think Rango’s a better western than, for instance, Compañeros, Duck, You Sucker or High Noon. Guilt schmilt, says I. :slight_smile:

The Evil That Men Do dvd…looking forward to a spot of Bronson.

I really like that Bronson film. The scene where he’s under the bed while the two lesbians are getting it on always puts a smile on my face! ;D

Blues Brothers bd.

Grabbed Evil Dead 2 and Terminator 1 on blu the other day 8)

Just picked up a few John Wayne films. I’m hoping they don’t disappoint.

The X-Files, seasons 1 and 2.

I rewatched a few episodes so far, and even though they are a bit dated now, it’s still my overall favorite dramatic series, and the first few seasons (up to five, maybe six) were the best. I plan to buy a few more of the seasons when possible. It’s one of those series that should have ended sooner than it did, and in the later episodes of the series, you could tell they ran out of ideas. Also, I much prefer the ‘monster of the week’ episodes over the alien/conspiracy ones. The best episodes of the series were written by James Wong and Glen Morgan.

I will say that I didn’t care for either one of the X-Files movies, though.

Well, having been on a Batzella kick for the last couple of films :stuck_out_tongue: - I was surprised to find this in a charity shop today…
Bloodsucker Leads the Dance (1975).
I noticed that it’s directed by one of his actors from PIB and GIMC.45 - Alfredo Rizzo (who plays an ol’ scrote prospector in both).

It’s also got Krista Nell (who was also in ‘em) in this last film for her - she sadly died of leukaemia that year aged 29. :’(

According to imdb it’s gothicky and gialloish, rather than vampirish as the misleading title would have us believe.
It doesn’t seem to fare well by imdb stars, although I didn’t properly read any reviews yet - but it looks great from the little bit I just watched…
I’m sure I saw a modern(ish) fiat parked up just before we are told we are in “Ireland 1902”;D, the dubbing over wooden acting is awful in a good way, there’s already lesbian shenanigans and nudity - so I’ll put it on hold for an evening involving a skinful and a cuzzer!
And apparently Batzella himself pops up in it. :slight_smile:

What a title to a film !

For my Birthday, I got some Blu-ray goodies :D:

Violent Saturday
Torn Curtain
Fernando Di Leo: Italian Crime Collection Vol. 1

Happy Birthday then! :wink:

Happy 70th, John!