Giallo Genre (Italian Thrillers)

I watched Almost Human. Not a giallo but definitely worth seeing.

One of the best from italian crime genre. Milian has one of his greatest roles.
My two other favorites would be Napoli Violenta and Milanco Calibro 9.

I thought it was excellent, too. I love these Shameless DVD releases:

I think I’ll collect them all eventually.

Still filling gaps in my knowledge (when I started watching I realized I had watched it before)

THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE

I was practicing my drag ‘n’ drop skills, but also thought I’d see how many giallo-ish proper releases I have. Not always the best versions, not all proper giallos (although it’s a fluid border that defines the genre, according to the web), but this bunch were at hand. More than I thought! :grinning:

1 Like

Part 2 - I just noticed Autopsy lurking by my side - which was last night’s viewing. There’s probably a few more tucked down the back of the sofa/bed/choir-mistress.

Another good thing about sticking 'em here is that if I got 'em knicked I’ve got pics saved for insurance here. :wink:

Just noticed I got a brace of them ***Bird***s with a Crystal Plumage. Anyway I got some more ‘public domain’ ones as well :innocent:… and could do with a few “deviant trades” if anybody’s interested?

1 Like

Just got back from a li’l stroll that took me past a retro (junk) shop. Picked up this 1970s beaut for a fiver still in original packaging with all the bits of placcy, card and pins.
This will be my giallo-watching attire from now on in… George hilton, eat ya heart out! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very nice…you will look the part :smile:

Isn’t it a spoiler? Everybody will know you did it

I love Shameless Screen Entertainment. Hopefully I’ll get The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh for my birthday. I just bought Elstree Hill’s release of The Cat o’ Nine Tails. The sound quality is pretty bad unfortunately. I fell asleep watching it.

Make sure to have a bottle of J&B at hand.

Yeah, bottle of J&B and Edwige Fenech.

Nice collection Reverend!

Thanks Ennioo … :sunglasses:
@ scherpy … Indeed - I did it! :innocent:
@ TMWaN … The Cat o’ Nine Tails is probably my favorite Argento (despite it not getting the rave reviews of the others).
@ Phil and titoli … yeah J&B …

I nearly didn’t spot it tonight, and in such a classic as The Black Belly of the Tarantula. But it had to be there somewhere. I’d told the c-m to look out for it and we nearly missed its only appearance? But then the power of the shirt kicked in and all is well! :grinning:

@titoli - no EF I’m afraid - but a brace of BB :kissing_heart:

I’m going to have to re-watch it. I’d like to see a better quality print though. Sometimes that helps a great deal.

Oh, Barb is my favorite too, but if you’re taking a role from Hilton, you have to take his (most often) partner too.

1 Like

So, I’m presuming Barb. Bach here. But there’s Barb. Bouchet as well in Black Belly.

And I’m wondrin’ who you mean by his “partner”… amongst the giallos there’s a couple each with Fenech, Galli/Stewart and Strindberg? Lucky devil!

The Bloodstained Butterfly - intriguing stuff, stylish and intelligent (like I’d know) :sunglasses: … after a while I stopped trying to work out ‘who done it’… being more interested :wink: in where is it?

Anyway, towards the end, all was revealed thankfully…

Pheewww!

Watched Knife of Ice (Lenzi / 1972) and constantly found myself thinking I’d seen it before but I know I hadn’t. I guess it is just the nature of the genre using repeated tropes which start to blend in a bit after a while. No mind, enjoyed the film and always good to see Carroll Baker in these films. Ida Galli and Eduardo Fajardo don’t hurt either. What’s more, you get Lorenzo Robledo looking more like a Gerry Anderson puppet than ever. What more could you want?

Yes, its funny that in some 70s Italian movies there are abundances of J&B around. Whole cases of it being stacked, moved. Bottles all over the place, in every room it seems. J&B ashtrays everywhere. In “San Babila ore 20: un delitto inutile” which I saw recently and isn’t a giallo by the way I spotted at one point a whole wall of J&B bottles. And then in other movies, you have a hard time getting as much as a hint of a bottle.

Fulci is a hit ad miss director, somebody wrote on these pages
I agree
He thought this movie was a hit
I do not agree

The film is set in London, and a couple of years ago, the setting was the subject of an animated discussion on these pages: