Giallo Genre (Italian Thrillers)

[quote=“Dorado, post:478, topic:520”]”Strip nude for your killer” has been watched. This is one of the sleaziest and goriest giallos made, but despite all the gore and nudity it’s only a bit above average IMO and that’s due to poor character development and bad music.
6/10[/quote]
Noooo! While the film itself is only average, the score is jazzily terrific.

[quote=“Mickey13, post:480, topic:520”]Would like to give more, but this rape sequence was trying too hard to shock me, so only strong 6/10.[/quote]I agree. I didn’t like that scene, it’s goes too much on the exploitation region there.

Like the way you put that, will have to use it sometime :wink: .

Well the dvd-r I watched had terrible sound, perhaps the sound is better on the blue underground disc which I haven’t seen.

It’s an interresting film even though it’s a bit longwinded, but it’s a horror movie not a giallo.

[quote=“Dorado, post:485, topic:520”]It’s an interresting film even though it’s a bit longwinded, but it’s a horror movie not a giallo.[/quote]Ok, Thanks. I thought it was a giallo. I’m not a big fan of 80’s horror so I’ll probably skip it then.

It’s a pity, as the director really succeeded in creating a truly sinister, dark atmosphere and this rape scene is far too long and absolutely unnecessary.

I wouldn’t describe it quite that way. It’s more of a suspenseful puzzle-solver with some tragic elements to it. The film is vibrantly subdued and evenly paced, including Morricone’s atmospherics. It hasn’t aged at all, in my opinion. It could be released today, and maybe somebody would notice that the wardrobes seem out-of-date after a few minutes.

Interrabang
-Interesting and different entry in the genre, some might not call it a giallo at all I guess. There’s only handful of actors, 2 men and 3 girls and few minor roles and the whole movie takes place in one island and sea but there’s enough twists and surprises to keep your interest. There’s a cool laid-back atmosphere, beautiful locations and very beautiful girls in tiny bikinis for the most of the film’s running time. Not much of nudity or violence though.

Maybe not for everyone’s taste but I liked it.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:489, topic:520”]Interrabang
-Interesting and different entry in the genre, some might not call it a giallo at all I guess. There’s only handful of actors, 2 men and 3 girls and few minor roles and the whole movie takes place in one island and sea but there’s enough twists and surprises to keep your interest. There’s a cool laid-back atmosphere, beautiful locations and very beautiful girls in tiny bikinis for the most of the film’s running time. Not much of nudity or violence though.

Maybe not for everyone’s taste but I liked it.[/quote]
This bored me to tears. Turned it off after 45 minutes or so. Almost nothing happens, just some dick photographer and airhead models and some escaped criminal if I´m not mistaken.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:490, topic:520”]This bored me to tears. Turned it off after 45 minutes or so. Almost nothing happens, just some dick photographer and airhead models and some escaped criminal if I´m not mistaken.[/quote]Yes. Nothing much happens in the first half but I was entertained just by the presence of bikini girls.

Yesterday I watched Lucio Fulci’s Lizard in woman’s Skin
-Well made film with artistic, surreal touch and surprising ending. But I also thought the film was bit boring. There’s too much and too long scenes where Florinda Bolkan is chased by someone. Well made scenes but they go on for far too long.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:491, topic:520”]Yes. Nothing much happens in the first half but I was entertained just by the presence of bikini girls.

Yesterday I watched Lucio Fulci’s Lizard in woman’s Skin
-Well made film with artistic, surreal touch and surprising ending. But I also thought the film was bit boring. There’s too much and too long scenes where Florinda Bolkan is chased by someone. Well made scenes but they go on for far too long.[/quote]
I remember this as being a good one, but must watch it again though.

Last ones I watched were:

• The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
    Ok stuff, nothing grand. Plenty of nice looking women and some memorable kills. 6/10
  • Eyes Behind the Wall
    Morally apprehensive in typical giallo fashion. That I liked! But the story itself is so incredibly badly written. No more than 5/10

Very well made giallo I think. Can’t wait to see Don’t Torture A Duckling.
The only thing that baffles me:

[SPOILER ALERT]
If Bolkan was a murderer and eventually all those dreams turned out to be a bullshit why all these oneiric sequences were actually shown? To assure the viewer it wasn’t Bolkan who slaughtered?
Anyway this “twist ending” doesn’t work for me. But it was always entertaining and suspenseful.
[END OF THE SPOILER]

It’s a good one! Barbara Bouchet is really yummy in it.

[quote author=Mickey13 link=topic=588.msg150470#msg150470 date=1358790921]
Can’t wait to see Don’t Torture A Duckling.

Very good film above all, some nice neorialist elements, wich is strange in these type of films. even Millian was very was very low profile in his part

Delitto Carnale
-A group of relatives and friends meet in a hotel to get ready for the funeral of certain rich uncle. They soon get bored and start to get drunk and have constantly sex with each other. Then murders starts to happen. Cesare Canevari directed this 80’s giallo which is one of the sleaziest entry in the genre. There’s not much of plot or violence neither but there’s a loads of steamy sex scenes.

I watched this for a second time last night. It still kept me in the zone despite knowing who is killing the li’l 'uns. E.T. is right about Milian - a very low profile performance which is all to the good in this. In fact, it’s a very restrained film regarding sex and violence, but what is there is effectively done. All in all - great fun, despite the child killing subject matter.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh yes. I have skipped to that scene when she tries to sexually abuse a child. I’d like to be in that kid’s shoes, I wouldn’t mind being molested by her. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides Lucio Fulci said it’s his best movie along with Beatrice Cince. Must watch both flicks.

[quote=“Mickey13, post:498, topic:520”]Besides Lucio Fulci said it’s his best movie along with Beatrice Cince. Must watch both flicks.[/quote]Cenci :wink:

Whatever. :wink: