Giallo Genre (Italian Thrillers)

Trying to find an OOP copy of Noshame’s Death Walks at Midnight/Death Walks On High Heels to no avail. :frowning:

Just watched Red Queen Kills 7 Times. I agree with Phil, ok film great sets and beautiful girls but the plot could have been better. I had little problem following the plot with so many people. I liked Queen’s outfit and the short dream sequence was great.

[b]THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE

BLU-RAY

BLUE-UNDERGROUND Vs ARROW[/b]

I think most of us know the score by now but for those that are blinded by the fact here are some differences between the Blue-Underground Blu-Ray and the Arrow one.

Here are some screenshots of each.

BU top
Arrow bottom

WTF!!!

So there is your visual evidence.
I won’t give my (extremely) biast view at the moment.

[url]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/dvdreviews44/bird_with_the_crystal_plumage_blu-ray.htm[/url]

Ah, I do love me some gialli but here’s an alphabetical list of my top favs (items marked * are some of my all time fav films!)

Death Laid An Egg*
Dirty Pictures
The Double*
Eye of the Hurricane (if you want to call it a giallo)
Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion*
Interrabang (if you want to call it a giallo)
My Wife, a Body to Love
Orgasmo
Quiet Place to Kill*
So Sweet… So Peverse
The Sweet Body of Deborah*

Luigi Bazzini: Fifth Cord
-Little bit of disappointment as Le Orme from same director is one of my favorite films and I was expecting something little bit similar maybe. Directing is good here too though and the camerawork is excellent. The film really looks awesome but the plot is really stupid and uninteresting. Not even Franco Nero or Morricone’s music can save the film if you’ll lose the interest to story. 5/10

Dallamano: What Have they done to your Daughters?
-Another mildly disappointing giallo, or maybe more mix of giallo and crime. Dallamano’s What have they done to Solange is one of my favorite giallos and his Bandidos is one of the greates sw’s so I definitely had quite high expectations. The plot is confusing to follow, maybe another view would do good. Some scenes go on for too long. Average giallo but I was hoping for something better. Music by Cipriani is awesome.

Valerii: My Dear Killer
-Typical but good giallo wich lends a thing or two from other famous giallo thrillers, murdering of child, murderer’s point of view killings, clues hidden in drawings of a child etc. Once again the plot was pretty hard to follow at times but I found it interesting and thrilling anyhow. Good cast with George Hilton as the police inspector and some italian genre regulars like William Berger and Piero Lulli in supporting roles. If you watch the trailer or the cover of the dvd you’d expect the high points of the film to be the murder scenes committed with circular saw and excavator but I thought these scenes were pretty laughable. I was more drawn to the film’s plot, suspense, weird characters and Morricone’s sad music. Not among the best films in the genre but a good one and definitely worth watching.

[quote=“cm215, post:444, topic:520”]Ah, I do love me some gialli but here’s an alphabetical list of my top favs (items marked * are some of my all time fav films!)

Death Laid An Egg*
Dirty Pictures
The Double*
My Wife, a Body to Love
Orgasmo
Quiet Place to Kill*
So Sweet… So Peverse
The Sweet Body of Deborah*[/quote]

Are you kidding or … ?

It’s a Questi film, in case you are wondering about the title

And a excellent film btw.

[quote=“cm215, post:444, topic:520”]Ah, I do love me some gialli but here’s an alphabetical list of my top favs (items marked * are some of my all time fav films!)

Death Laid An Egg*
Dirty Pictures
The Double*
My Wife, a Body to Love
Orgasmo
Quiet Place to Kill*
So Sweet… So Peverse
The Sweet Body of Deborah*[/quote]
Anybody can tell me is this somewhere released on DVD?
It looks stunning… love psychedelic movies and this one seems extremely strange… :wink:
Mutant chickens?! That has to be something for me… 8)

[quote=“Mickey13, post:451, topic:520”]Anybody can tell me is this somewhere released on DVD?
It looks stunning… love psychedelic movies and this one seems extremely strange… :wink:
Mutant chickens?! That has to be something for me… 8)[/quote]

There’s an English-language Japanese DVD (and a fanmade DVD that uses this transfer and also includes - as deleted scenes - some bits of footage exclusive to the German version (they may be in the Italian version too).

I’m currently making my way through Shameless’ FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET DVD for a review.

Yeah, I’m going to watch it soon as well.
I’ve watched The bird with the crystal plumage and Cat O’ Nine Tails and I consider the last one to better.
Nevertheless both movies are great. :wink:

Death Laid An Egg is one I still have to view. Django Kill is a good film and I like Arcana a lot, so I suppose I should.

BTW, is this more violent than Django kill?
On IMDB it’s rated X. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:446, topic:520”]Dallamano: What Have they done to your Daughters?
-Another mildly disappointing giallo, or maybe more mix of giallo and crime. Dallamano’s What have they done to Solange is one of my favorite giallos and his Bandidos is one of the greates sw’s so I definitely had quite high expectations. The plot is confusing to follow, maybe another view would do good. Some scenes go on for too long. Average giallo but I was hoping for something better. Music by Cipriani is awesome.[/quote]
I think this is a fantastic film, I prefer it than Solange myself. My most watched Dallamano.

I completely agree on this. The mix between a Giallo and a crime film works perfect for me.

DVDBeaver comparison of FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET[url]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/dvdreviews44/4_flies_on_grey_velvet.htm[/url]

Death Walks at Midnight is one of my favorites, one I like to watch again and again. It’s not really among the best films of the genre but really entertaining with great characters (Luciano Rossi’s best role) and that spiked glove! Got to love that stuff.

Just watched and liked:

[glow=red,2,300]A Bay of Blood[/glow] by Mario Bava featuring Claudio Volontè and Luigi Pistilli