Giallo Genre (Italian Thrillers)

I haven’t seen it, so I can’t judge, but I can hardly imagine a Juan Bosch giallo to be good. I hope the film shows more imagination than the English title, but judging from the reviews that is not the case.

My next giallo watch will probably be the one directed by Tinto Brass. The screenshots look promising enough. Either that one or Iguana With the Tongue of Fire, but I have loads to choose from.

Just watched the quite shitty Ciak, Si Muore by Mario Moroni. His only film apart from that Mallory SW and Mini-serie.

I was busy eating chips the first 20 minutes so they where quite alright. Pretty much sleaze and nudity.

Don’t have any hurries to watch this.

Not feeling too excited to watch Mallory now…

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Watched 2 gialli since I last reported here.

Yesterday I viewed Fidani’s only giallo effort A.A.A. Massaggiatrice bella presenza offresi…
Not bad, Paola Senatore gets naked a lot and there are a lot of familiar spaghetti faces. Scored by Lallo Gori. 6/10

A week earlier or so I decided to go with L’occhio nel labirinto, mainly because of the reports here.
Also 6/10 for me. A lot of Freudian nonsense make this one a bit harder to follow, but the cast is alright. Especially Frank and Celi. Good atmosphere too.

I watched Naked Girl Killed in the Park by A. Brescia.
As it wasn´t grand, I wasn´t paying attention too much. I´m hoping some people who have seen it can fill in some blanks, as I don´t feel like watching it again.

Spoilers ahead
Alright, an old guy is murdered in an amusement park. He is wealthy and just closed a life insurance of $ 1 million. The guy turns out to be a former Nazi, hence the b/w pre-credit sequence that takes place in Berlin 1945.
Some dude pops up and starts romancing with the murdered guy’s daughter. As it turns out he was the little boy in the pre-credit sequence, and he wanted revenge. He also murdered some other women of the family.

I got this, but am left with some blanks, as the murderer also turns up dead. And what was with the insurance guy?
Also the part of the mother is quite unclear to me. Was she scheming for the money?
Anybody paid better attention than me?

Does anyone have any Giallo fandubs or fansubs to trade?

I am looking for:
STRANGE SHADOWS IN AN EMPTY ROOM aka BLAZING MAGNUM (upgrade fandub w/s)
SWEET BODY OF DEBORAH (upgrade - fan project w/s)
DEATH OCCURRED LAST NIGHT (upgrade fansub w/s)
OPEN TOMB EMPTY COFFIN (letterbox)(fansub)
INTERRABANG (fan sub, w/s)
ANIMA PERSA (fansub, w/s)
THE KILLERS ARE OUR GUESTS (ALFA)
DEATH IN HAITI (fan project dubbed w/s
THE POLICE ARE BLUNDERING IN THE DARK (w/s)
MY WIFE, A BODY FOR LOVE (fansub, fullscreen)
UN DETECTIVE aka RING OF DEATH (widescreen, fandub - few scenes still in Italian)
LA RESIDENCIA (widescreen, english language or subtitled Spanish on 1 disc)
HEAT OF THE FLAME (fandub, widescreen)
REFLECTIONS IN BLACK (widescreen composite w/english audio - couple brief lines in Spanish)
DEATH WILL HAVE YOUR EYES (widescreen, fansub)
EYE IN THE LABYRINTH (upgrade)
FLOWER WITH PETALS OF STEEL (widescreen upgrade)

Please PM.

Thanks

Just watched Case of the Bloody Iris for the first time and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nice group of possible killers and a good all round cast kept me interested throughout. George Hilton is fine, Edwige Fenech even better. Pleasing score from Bruno Nicolai too and Carnimeo shows he can handle the genre well. Good stuff.

Just finished Le foto di Gioia.
Bad film by Lamberto Bava. The good looking ladies get naked a lot and that’s the best thing about it. Except for that and some weird style tricks a boring film. 4/10

Finished watching A.A.A. Massaggiatrice bella presenza offresi… by Demofilo Fidani. Yeah, the worst giallo I’ve seen. So boring, first murder happens after 30 minutes, loads of unnecessary nude scenes which also start to bore after a while. Cast is mostly made of the usual Fidani family.

Don’t tell me he films his own daughter in the nude…

No, he didn´t. She keeps her clothes on. It´s Paola Senatore who gets naked a lot in this film.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:410, topic:520”]No, he didn´t. She keeps her clothes on. It´s Paola Senatore who gets naked a lot in this film.[/quote]Yes, not an “Argento like father-daughter film making relationship” here.

I’ve seen The Case of the Scorpions Tail , Blood and Black Lace , Tenebre , Deep Red and Naked You Die and really liked all of them. They’ve peeked my interest in the genre…Anyone have a few more recommendations? :slight_smile:

Look here:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,588.0.html

Try these

Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Opera
Tenebrae
Black Belly of the Tarantula
Who Saw Her Die
Death Steps in the Dark
My Dear Killer
Bloodstained Shadow
Seven Blood Stained Orchids

Thanks!

THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
OPERA
TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE

These are all awesome recommendations. I would add Strip Nude for Your Killer, What Have You Done to Solange? Lizard in a Woman’s Skin, Don’t Torture a Duckling and The Killer Must Kill Again! :smiley:

Trying to track down a copy of Blood and Black Lace…really wanna see it :smiley:

If you can find it watch La donna del Lago a very stilysh and interesting proto giallo filmed in B/W, and Bava’s La regazza Che Sapeva Troppo (with John Saxon) for many considered the first Giallo, not my opinionm but nevertheless a good film.

I looooove John Saxon! So badass.

Also try Mario Bava’s Bay Of Blood.