German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

[quote=“Lode, post:140, topic:46”]If you mean the German Best Entertainment release: No!

And it is cut.[/quote]

Thank you, Lode!

Fredge

As far as I remember a new german DVD of Silbersattel is announced, and it’s by one of the high class labels, but I don’t remember which (New? MIG?).

Best Entertainment

No I thought another label will reissue the film next year. But I’m not completely sure.

That would be MIG Filmgroup (as you also mentioned)… But the release will most likely be without any English dub or subtitles like their other spaghetti western releases.

On the other hand it just might. Read on the other board that it will contain English, Italian and German dubs so if that comes true it will be just great. Eventhough this isn’t one of Gemma’s finest.

Average film for me. Wouldn’t buy it, even if it’s uncut in top quality and cheap.

The wiki lists Kinski’s “Zwei Companeros” as including English audio, but no vendors list this. Can anyone confirm?

[quote=“R-T-C Tim, post:148, topic:46”]The wiki lists Kinski’s “Zwei Companeros” as including English audio, but no vendors list this. Can anyone confirm?[/quote]Zwei Companeros? Do you mean Adios Companeros, Fidani film? Zwei Companeros is german title for Companeros.

Best entertainment’s Adios Companeros/Giù la testa… hombre does have english audio indeed.

MiG used to distribute through AVU, who went bankrupt, some of their titles will be released by Koch Media. it’s all open though…

Yes I did mean ‘Adios Companeros’ thanks.

How is the DVD itself, Amazon lists it as being fullscreen?

Yes, it is full screen I’m afraid.
But it’s Fidani so I wouldn’t worry too much about loss of directorial integrity. Just enjoy the ride!

Hello, “3 silver dollars” starring C. Southwood, has any subs in it ? Other doubt is the quality of this dvd, has a bad reputation. Is that true ?

regards

Only German dubbing. No subs (?) And: The DVD is crap. Very bad picture quality! Very bad sound quality! Worse than VHS!!! Keep your hands off!

Can anyone tell me if Starmedia’s release of Adios Gringo has any english options? Also, what picture ratio?

Amazon.de says it’s 4:3 (although they don’t mention it’s fullscreen)
They also mention only German audio

I have the Italian DVD, it’s widescreen but has only Italian audio

Ok. It’s what I suspected. Thanks

Let me try and find mine …

It’s 1,85:1, only german audio.

There will probably be a new high class DVD by New in the near future.

The next SW release from NEW is ‘Reverend Colt’!!