German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

I wish they had the courage to change the shitty german title.

Quien sabe? sounds much better, even on a german language DVD.

well he doesn’t say the words in the film, and “wer weiss” sounds a bit bland for a title… well…

No, no, not “Wer weiß?” , no translation. The original italian title is also in spanish. The german audience is meanwhile used to foreign language titles for german versions, of course mostly the english ones. Ha,ha, even for not english films!

I know, i’m just saying…
the new english dub drops the “quien sabe” as well, though… and it’s called “a bullet for the general”, giving everything away in the title :wink:

can someone please tell me if those 2 new releases have english subs by any chance?

[quote=“alk0, post:125, topic:46”]can someone please tell me if those 2 new releases have english subs by any chance?

[/quote]
Nope, no English subs. Don’t think it’s got anything else than German dub either.

It has got Italian dub as well according to amazon.de. But lack of english subs are terrible news for me. I still don’t have Arizona Colt WE release and it’s out of print and can be obtained for something like 45$ [+12$ shipping] - that’s too much for me :frowning:

Strange. dtm has it (Arizona Colt) listed as having only German dub:

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=33720

Regarding English subs, I don’t think you’ll find that on any German spaghetti western release apart from the ones from Koch Media and the major releases (Good, Bad Ugly etc.). Sometimes one is lucky and gets German subs and Italian dub but it is rare. Actually the company releasing these spaghetti westerns in Germany has delivered Italian dub and German subs on many of their Italian comedy-releases but apparently not on these. A damn shame.

well to me it looks like AVU is releasing the Wild East stuff, if you look at it, it looks like all the movies they’re releasing, are wild east’s movies, too.
so they might have an english dub?

[quote=“Sebastian, post:129, topic:46”]well to me it looks like AVU is releasing the Wild East stuff, if you look at it, it looks like all the movies they’re releasing, are wild east’s movies, too.
so they might have an english dub?[/quote]
They aren’t using the same prints that Wild East did. These are apparently better. No English dub I’m afraid.

better prints. that’s good, and not too hard to do considering wild easts at part very atrociously washed out prints

I have the WE release of ARIZONA COLT, it has good sound (English 2.0) but poor, poor video. It’s unsharp, colours are unnatural, there are some very deep scratches and the image is zoomed, so information is missing from all four sides. That’s why I probably will buy this German release (provided video quality is better, i’m still looking for the first reviews).
The film is OK, but not great (3/5), but means a lot to me for some sentimental reason. It’s a rather atypical Gemma movie, very violent and cynical, even though there is the usual love interest. The body count is on Django level, with most victims shot when defenceless and unarmed.
I’ll make a copy for you of the WE DVD if you wish (no charge) if you send me an e-mail with your addres.

Are you sure it’s cropped? Must say that it’s been awhile since I saw it but remember it as being 2.35:1. Am I wrong? Also states as having this aspect ratio at dvdcompare: Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Man from Nowhere AKA Arizona Colt AKA Il Pistolero di Arizona (1966) … They have been wrong before though.

i don’t trust dvdcompare usually when it comes to stuff like that. their website is too fuckin huge to be accurate to the detail. and they’re updated very slowly. we rather keep working on our own dvd infos

I’m sure it’s cropped, just look at the title sequence. How much it is cropped may vary from scene to scene, though.
The Aspect ratio is about 2,35 : 1, at least something like it, but when you trim a film on all four sides, you don’t necessarily chance the ratio too much. Anyway, you’ll agree with me that image quality is very poor. I think it had to do with the quality of the source. Wild East DVDs usually are OK.
I’m very curious to hear anything about image quality of this German (or Swiss?) disc. Maybe it has only German audio, but that doesn’t bother me; I grew up with western movies and series on German TV.

It’s not that rare, is it?

Xrated usually has english dub, and there have also been english language releases from e-m-s and Marketing-film.

Isn’t it mostly the really cheap releases with bad picture-quality that only have german dub?

Or do you mean specifically english subs ?

[quote=“Silvanito, post:136, topic:46”]It’s not that rare, is it?

Xrated usually has english dub, and there have also been english language releases from e-m-s and Marketing-film.

Isn’t it mostly the really cheap releases with bad picture-quality that only have german dub?

Or do you mean specifically english subs ?[/quote]
Yes specifically English subs :slight_smile: What I mean is that even when a German release with Italian dub comes out it practically never (Koch Media excluded as I said) has English subs and many times no German ones either for some case.

And I don’t think it’s only the ‘bad’ releases which have only English dub, got many releases in my collection which are at least more or less up to Wild East / X-Rated standard in picture quality but are alas with German dub only

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:135, topic:46”]I’m sure it’s cropped, just look at the title sequence. How much it is cropped may vary from scene to scene, though.
The Aspect ratio is about 2,35 : 1, at least something like it, but when you trim a film on all four sides, you don’t necessarily chance the ratio too much. Anyway, you’ll agree with me that image quality is very poor. I think it had to do with the quality of the source. Wild East DVDs usually are OK.[/quote]
Yes the image quality wasn’t top-notch and I take your word regarding the aspect ratio. And yes I’m mostly also pretty satisfied with the WE-releases.

Hello!

What about Silbersattel?

english, italian audio

Subtitles?

Thanks in advance,

Fredge

If you mean the German Best Entertainment release: No!

And it is cut.