German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

I was very impressed with Death Sentence and thought it was a very enjoyable and well made film.

And Koch Media’s quality shines through.

Yeah, after seeing the uncut Koch version I agree: a good and recommendable SW.

Vendetta At Dawn the Simpel release as a film is an excellent SW with a strong cast.
I agree it’s a good gritty,revenge film with the doctor who has lost his loved ones wants
an eye for an eye going against the Hippocratic Oath?I found the film engrossing throughout.
The picture quality is all good but the audio quality of the English has some distracting interference noise in sections of the film.I have the cover B version.Could this be a pressing audio transfer fault?I checked the German audio which I have no complaints.Please pass on your thoughts about this.

It does not matter which cover version you chose since the DVD itself is always the same. They just make different covers for collectors. I think that the problem with audio is because it was taken from some old VHS release which is not of great quality / has cracky sound. X-Rated has many releases with audio taken directly from some old tape.

Any reports on the quality of the Koch titles that came out yesterday - Amazon seems to suggest that Arizona Colt Returns has english language - see http://www.amazon.de/Tod-sagt-Amen-Anthony-Steffen/dp/B000VLD9EM

I think Seb will publish some reviews of the new Koch releases some time soon.

I have now the Yankee DVD. For only 9,90€.

A nice Digi-pack designed almost in one color, this one is in red, which means also the inner fotos are in black and red (instead b/w). Collectable stuff.

The film is in 2,00:1 with german and italian audio (Dolby Digital 2.0) and german and english subs, which both are a translation of the italian version, so that you can see the differences which were made for the german dub. Again the english subs are not mentioned on the DVD cover.

The running time of the DVD is 93,22 min, equivalent to about 98 min for the cinema release. Bruckner mentions 104 in his book for the original version, but the DVD should be uncut.

It’s of course digital remastered, but looks imo not as great as other Koch releases, but could nevertheless be as best as possible.

Highly recommended.

Bruckner as I understand states a lot of invalid running times for a lot of movies in his book. Probably this one also then.

Yes, he has found them in italian release catalogoues, and recalculated them from meters to minutes. Strange enough, he hasn’t changed them in the new edition of his book, even if he self had released some of them as uncut DVDs with shorter running times.

A bit confusing.

These Koch releases are great value considering the effort put into them.

I’ll try. So far, there was nothing in the mail…

He probably didn’t have the time… I think the new edition book was hurried a bit in the end probably due to the publisher breathing down Bruckner’s neck :slight_smile: … Well, still a good book and I just take the running times with a grain of salt, match them with what is stated on imdb and then take it that the actual length is between those two values :slight_smile:

of the new Koch releases, are the films actually any good?

Arizona Colt does have english subtitles !!!

I plan to pick up these new Koch Media releases whenever Xploited Cinema adds them to their site.

Which titles have been released so far?

Also, I’m glad to see these DVDS similar to the (i assume ) 2006 batch - fold out digi packs. Those cases are fantastic. Oh yeah English subtitles are a plus.

they’re not digipaks this time, are they?

According to a poster on here the Yankee DVD is a digipac so maybe - im going out on a limb here - the other releases follow a similar treatment.

Yes the digipacks are very nice, but you also have to be very careful so that you don’t damage them.

This hasn’t happened to me, but it’s enough just to look at them, only thin paper as a cover. I handle mine very carefully!

In that respect conventional cases are much better!

And I can’t understand why Koch chose such terrible images on their new releases, that’s just stupid!

The owner of Xploited just informed me via EMail he should have these new titles in by Friday.

Awesome

Yankee also has english subs ! I think the digipacks are quite ok ! Well, the images could have been better but what the heck !? I’m looking forward to watch those flics 'cause I don’t know 'em yet ! That means, I’ve seen Arizona Colt once with italian audio and couldn’t understand anything.