German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

www.dtm.at
I had problems with an order from this online retailer, one of the DVDs had obviously been used and when I played it was faulty. They never answered my emails, I will not be buying from them again.

I’ve received one faulty disc from them, but they sent me a new one (no charge), so I haven’t had any problems with them. Check out italopapst.de then, they are cheaper than dtm.at… You have to be FSK18-cleared though to get access to the all titles, but just mail them for this.

do they understand english at italopapst.de or i do need to get a german friend to translate for me?

They probably understand english so give it a try :wink:

Oliver, who runs the business does understand English. Just send him a mail.

Koch Media 2007 DVDS - COMING THIS SUMMER/WINTER

**I’m assuming these DVDS will include English subtitles despite English subtitles are not listed. Take into consideration the last installments of Koch DVDS (Spara Gringo Spara, Death Sentence, Django boxset, etc. ) do not list English subtitles on the DVD slips, however, English subtitles are included. Geez, that sounds complicated.

The following info has been snatched from [url]http://www.gentedirispetto.com/forum/showthread.php?p=105427[/url]

First release…
“La Resa dei Conti” aka The Big Gundown
2,35:1 (anamorphic)
German / Italian audio
Extras: Interview-feature with Sergio Sollima, Trailers, Galleries

Other DVDS

Un treno per Durango aka Train for Durango
German / Italian audio
Extras: Interview-features with Mario Caiano and Mark Damon, Trailer, Galleries

“Killer Kid”
German / Italian audio
Extras: Conversation with Anthony Steffen, Trailer, Galleries

“Sette dollari sul rosso” aka Seven Dollars to Kill
Tinto Brass’s “Yankee”

Amazon.de (which I can’t decipher completely list some of these DVDS for December 2007. Someone should into this further if possible)

i’ll look into it and ask koch media to send me cover pictures and all that a bit earlier than usual

I’m going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bummed out if these DVDS do not offer English subtitles. I’m not even kidding.

New release from X-rated, Arriva Sabata!

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/arriva-sabata-cover-p-11895.html

Nice film with Anthony Steffen and Peter Lee Lawrence, a little bit comedic though if I remember correctly.

Forgot to mention, it also has No Mercy for the Hunted as an extra feature

You can watch trailer on youtube:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:49, topic:46”]New release from X-rated, Arriva Sabata!

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/arriva-sabata-cover-p-11895.html

Nice film with Anthony Steffen and Peter Lee Lawrence, a little bit comedic though if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Great! Thanks for that info. Now i can finally get a proper copy and chuck out my crappy quality dvd-r. Not a great film, but wanted nevertheless for completist reasons! And yes, it starts off comedic, but certainly doesn’t end very funnily!

[quote=“Silver, post:51, topic:46”]Great! Thanks for that info. Now i can finally get a proper copy and chuck out my crappy quality dvd-r. Not a great film, but wanted nevertheless for completist reasons! And yes, it starts off comedic, but certainly doesn’t end very funnily![/quote]Don’t throw it away until we get some information about the picture quality, some of the x-rated dvd releases have been quite bad quality.

LOL…i’m not planning on doing so. But i’m sure they can’t put out a worse one than the one i have. I think it was taken from a poor quality video, with tracking problems, and jumps…plus some parts are nearly too dark to see…

Shamelessly cut n pasted from the SW Web Board, it seems Koch are releasing this lot first:

First titles in (end of) August:
  • “Denn sie kennen kein Erbarmen” (Arte-documentary with bonus and Audio-CD)

• “Yankee” (special features tba)

• “Quien Sabe?” (with new special features and new remastered video)

• “Arizona Colt Returns” (Interviews with Sergio Martino and Dan Van Husen)

i’ve heard otherwise, but then again, there’s no official announcement out. i’ve already seen menu shots from a few other movies (last treno de Durango, etc) but you never know… a re-release of quien sabe sounds cool

Would rather have something else to be honest. Already released by Anchor Bay and Koch Media once so why again?

I also thought that Last Train To Durango / Killer Kid would be next…

[quote=“ali, post:54, topic:46”]Shamelessly cut n pasted from the SW Web Board, it seems Koch are releasing this lot first:

First titles in (end of) August:

• “Denn sie kennen kein Erbarmen” (Arte-documentary with bonus and Audio-CD)

• “Yankee” (special features tba)

• “Quien Sabe?” (with new special features and new remastered video)

• “Arizona Colt Returns” (Interviews with Sergio Martino and Dan Van Husen)[/quote]

Sorry if I’ve missed something but does this mean that Koch are not releasing ‘The Big Gundown’ as a single release now? That was the one I really wanted.

sounds good to me, i wonder if it is worth upgrading the Quien sabe?

well I think all that’s gonna change is the packaging and all that… the previous one was decent

There are rumours about the 135 min version.

There was a restored version at the Venice Film Festival, 2 or 3 years ago, but I don’t know how long it was.