German DVDs with English sound or subtitles

I’ll provide a list of German spaghetti Western DVDs that EITHER have full english soundtrack or feature-length English subtitles (some films have english subtitles or english sound only in restored scenes)

• Preparati la bara (Django und die Bande der Gehenkten): English soundtrack
  • Pistolero dell’Ave Maria (Seine kugeln pfeiffen das Todeslied): English soundtrack
  • The Bounty Killers (Ohne dollar keinen sarg): English soundtrack
  • Sergio Sollima Italo-Western box (Run Man Run, Face to Face, The Big Gundown): English subtitles (on italian audio only i guess)
  • Death Sentence (Django - Unbarmherzig wie die Sonne): English subtitles
  • Once Upon a time in the West (Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod): English soundtrack 5.1 and English subtitles (disc identical with all other Paramount)
  • The good, The Bad and the Ugly (Zwei glorreiche Halunken): English soundtrack 5.1 and english subtitles (identical with UK MGM)
  • A Fistful of Dollars (Für eine Hand voll dollar): English remastered mono [coming October]
  • For a Few dollars more (Für ein Paar Dollar mehr): English remastered mono [coming October]
  • Blindman: English audio
  • Adios Sabata: English audio (MGM, identical disc available in UK and soon in the US)
  • Sabata: English audio (MGM, see above)
  • Sabata’s Rückkehr (aka Return of Sabata): English audio (MGM, see above)
  • Die Rechnung wird mit Blei bezahlt (aka Death rides a Horse): English Audio (MGM, see above)
  • Django Italowestern Box (Koch Media): English subtitles
  • Bandidos (New Entertainment World edition): English audio
  • Mörder des Klans (Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead): English audio
  • Return of Clint the Stranger (Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück): English audio (not on all releases!)
  • Giu la testa…hombre (Adios Companeros): English audio
  • Apocalypse Joe (SPIEL DEIN SPIEL UND TOTE JOE): English audio
  • Have a Good Funeral Amigo…It’s on Sartana (SARTANA NOCH WARM UND SCHON SAND DRAUF): English audio (forced german subtitles)
  • Ringo, the Face of Vengeance (ES GEHT UM DEINEN KOPF, AMIGO): English audio (both releases)
  • The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe (KNOCHENBRECHER IM WILDEN WESTEN): English audio
  • Vengeance (FÃœNF BLUTIGE STRICKE): English audio (contains english and german cuts of the film, english audio on english cut only)
  • Django Kill! (LECK STAUB VON MEINEM COLT): English audio (simliar to Blue Underground disc)
  • The Greatest Robbery in the West (EIN HALLELUJA FÃœR DJANGO): English audio

to be continued

Also there’s the Best Entertainment releases of Return of Clint the Stranger (Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück)
and Giu la testa…hombre (Adios Companeros). :slight_smile:

[quote=“Martin N, post:2, topic:46”]Also there’s the Best Entertainment releases of Return of Clint the Stranger (Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück)
and Giu la testa…hombre (Adios Companeros). :)[/quote]

Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück is cut and not all of the available version has English audio

Giu la testa is also severely cut. but yes, also English audio

[quote=“Sebastian, post:3, topic:46”]Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück is cut and not all of the available version has English audio

Giu la testa is also severely cut. but yes, also English audio[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t know they were cut. What’s missing from them?

I forgot there’s the X rated kult video and X-NK releases of

Apocalypse Joe (SPIEL DEIN SPIEL UND TOTE JOE),
Have a Good Funeral Amigo…It’s on Sartana (SARTANA NOCH WARM UND SCHON SAND DRAUF)
Ringo, the Face of Vengeance (ES GEHT UM DEINEN KOPF, AMIGO),
The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe (KNOCHENBRECHER IM WILDEN WESTEN)
Vengeance (FÃœNF BLUTIGE STRICKE)
Django Kill! (LECK STAUB VON MEINEM COLT)

and The Greatest Robbery in the West (EIN HALLELUJA FÃœR DJANGO) which I believe is cut but has the scenese including as extras on the DVD.

dunno. but www.ofdb.de has nice overviews. they have a scissors symbol next to dvds that are cut.

[quote=“Martin N, post:5, topic:46”]I forgot there’s the X rated kult video and X-NK releases of

Apocalypse Joe (SPIEL DEIN SPIEL UND TOTE JOE),
Have a Good Funeral Amigo…It’s on Sartana (SARTANA NOCH WARM UND SCHON SAND DRAUF)
Ringo, the Face of Vengeance (ES GEHT UM DEINEN KOPF, AMIGO),
The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe (KNOCHENBRECHER IM WILDEN WESTEN)
Vengeance (FÃœNF BLUTIGE STRICKE)
Django Kill! (LECK STAUB VON MEINEM COLT)

and The Greatest Robbery in the West (EIN HALLELUJA FÃœR DJANGO) which I believe is cut but has the scenese including as extras on the DVD.[/quote]

i’m gonna double check if those have english sound or subtitles later today

Thanks for the link.

I’ve got them all except Django Kill! and they all have English audio tracks and I forgot to mention the Koch release of Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead ( Mörder des Klans) includes an English audio track too.

EIN HALLELUJA FÃœR DJANGO has all the cut scenes as an extra on the DVD, but it is simply a massive list of scenes which you have to click on one after the other with no indication as to the scene’s original position within the film. So basically, you need to have seen the full length version to know where all the segments come from. Some of the scenes are also nothing more than a five second clip of a man crossing the street. So it’s pretty frustrating. Hopefully a full length version will be released on DVD eventually.

this dvd is actually containing 2 versions of the film: the US version (long cut) in 2.35:1 and the German version (cut version) in 1.85:1. the US version is about the same thats on the US DVD

I can confirm that X-rated kult’s Shanghai Joe and Have a Good Funeral… have English audio. Have a Good Funeral… also has forced German subtitles during English audio playback which can be a bit irritating.

The forced subs CAN be removed. At least on some machines. It worked on mine (Pioneer) with HAVE A GOOD FUNERAL… However, the site where I got the combination code is down and I can’t remember a thing…

got some more here (I really gotta work on this topic)

• Adios Companeros (Ich will deinen Kopf) (best ent) english audio
  • Ein Einsamer kehrt zurück (best ent) english audio
  • Django und die Bande der Gehenkten (ems) english audio
  • Keoma (Kinowelt) english audio
  • Rivalen unter roter Sonne (Kinowelt) english audio
  • Wilde Pferde (Kinowelt) english audio
  • Töte Amigo aka Quien Sabe (Koch) english audio
  • Keinen Cent für Ringos Kopf (Koch) english audio
  • Mannaja (Marketing) english audio
  • Ohne Dollar keinen Sarg (Marketing) english audio
  • Seine Kugeln pfeiffen das Todeslied (Marketing) english audio
  • Wanted für drei lumpige dollar (NEW) english audio
  • Bandidos (NEW) english audio
  • My name is Nobody (Paramount) english audio
  • Nobody is the greatest (Paramount) english audio

I promoted this topic to the front page :slight_smile:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/German_DVDs_with_English_audio_or_subtitles

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Mio_nome_è_Shanghai_Joe%2C_Il

english audio

I was just about to update that with the French DVD info when the database told me you had already changed it. :slight_smile: Well, now it has info on both.

Do you know which out of all these dvds are FSK 18? Also, is there anywhere on the web where you can buy FSK 18 titles, except http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/?

http://www.dtm.at/ and http://www.cyber-pirates.org/ are also good websites.

uh… most of the X-Rated/NK DVDs are FSK 18 or unrated. from Koch Media, Blindman is FSK 18 and so is Quien Sabe, Mannaja, the two NEW titles, …

Ok, so the rest should be readily availiable at amazon then. Thanks for the links by the way.

you’ll find amazon links on the films articles of the spaghetti western database in the most cases. if they’re not there i’ve either not added them yet or they’re probably fsk18

A question about the german ADIOS SABATA - DVD…swedish subtitles ??

yes