Explosive Media

release date should remain the same (mid april)

According to Explosive Media, their newest Blu-ray of Face to Face includes the uncut English dub. Does their new DVD also include this version? Apparently, once their 1000-strong stock of the current Blu-ray version is cleared, they’ll release a standard Blu-ray using the cut US version (probably sourced from Kino Lorber’s release).

still waiting for confirmation from Uli about that

I’d be happy with just a good looking, uncut DVD as long as it has the full English dub. The Kino is a disappointment any way I slice it.

The DVD will include the short and the long version, all three languages

The release has been delayed a couple of weeks according to Amazon.de. Don’t know if that’s related to the Garringo delay but hopefully no longer than end of the month.

Uli told me it’s because the company that presses the discs is just overloaded with orders at the moment so the discs will ship to the distributor a bit later

Does the Face to Face DVD/Blu-ray use the English subtitles from its previous DVD, or does it use Eureka’s/Kino’s subtitles for their releases?

While I don’t know for sure (I can ask Uli), I would highly assume that they’re either from the previous disc, or improvements upon those. As far as I know, EM does not have the financial firepower to buy goodies from other companies

I received a shipping notice for “Face to Face” today :grin:

The delay concerns Garringo :wink:

Ditto, on the way. Looking forward to it.

Just added a few more Amazon links to our page, hoping some of y’all out there who consider an Amazon purchase will use the SWDb’s links to support us

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Faccia_a_faccia/BluRay

Arrived yesterday - number 600 and something. I’m looking forward to watching this uncut in English with good quality image and audio - then I can decide if I prefer the English dubbing (to hear Milian) or the Italian dubbing (to hear Volonte). I used to have the Japanese SPO disc which this should easily surpass.

1 Like

“Face to Face” arrived in fine shape, #131. Can’t wait to pop it in tonight and enjoy it’s uncut length!

1 Like

The international cut of Faccia a faccia on the Explosive Media BR extended verison disk runs for a little more than 111 min, 4 min longer than the Koch Media Sollima box release. I guess that is because of the PAL effect again? The Italian dub is by far superior to the English, in my opinion. What a great film this is and what a superb release. I found no 24 pages’ booklet along with the BRs though. However, there is a long interview with Sollima (“Spaghetti Western memories”) on the theatrical version disk.

hm, not sure. how long is it supposed to be?

I am skyping with Uli later, I will ask him.

Giusti says108 minutes. The SWDB’s film page (and IMDb) says 112 minutes.

Ah that’s no difference :wink: Depends on how you count it I guess, a few seconds here and there quickly amount to a minute :smiley:

It sounds like it to me. The dvd is PAL (approx. 4% speedup), the blu-ray is not, so 4 minutes sounds about right to me.