[DVD] Latest and Upcoming Releases

There is a pretty interesting thread here The Last Shark (1981) from RetroVision Entertainment - Blu-ray Forum concerning Retrovision (it is about a lot more than just the failed Last Shark Blu).

Considering they seem to think the movie is PD (and I disagree for reasons I have written many times here in the forums xD) makes me think it will simply be a copy of some international disc with whatever corrections they are making to it (and it seems they have done this kind of thing before with the Last Shark DVD)
Then again that is what some other companies seem to be doing as well. :wink: Obviously it should end up much better than the VCI disc many of us have.

Yeah from what ive seen theyā€™ve taken a PAL source and converted it to NTSC hence the picture is a little fuzzy, like WE releases. But at least itll be better then the VCI one, and seeing as how the recent German DVD doesnā€™t have English beggars cant be choosers.

At least they are taking the Shark Hunter Blu ray from the original film negative, according to their website.

Ive read that thread Sundance linked to, im willing to give the benefit of the doubt until the discs actually see release, unlike some other hostile internet people :-\

Retrovision Django the Bastard = cropped image

My Italo-western Encyclopedia Vol. 3 arrived today, I can happily confirm all are widescreen, with 2.0 English, German and Italian, and it contains the Wild East interview with Robert Woods as one of the bonuses, and one with Erika Blanc.

[size=14pt]September WB Archive releases[/size]

[/url] [url=http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Son_of_a_Gunfighter/DVD][url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Johnny_Oro/DVD[/url]

Wait, isnā€™t Raro releasing Ringo and His Golden Pistol? Are they trying to rub off their sales ???

Interesting releases. Never thought Gunfighters of Casa Grande would get released.

Yeah right, what are they doing? Do they think because they are using the alternate title it is all good :o

Well it wouldnā€™t be the first time Raro is trying to release something they donā€™t own the rights to. (Just to be clear I do not know whether they own the Blu rights or not.) The Warner DVDR probably looks better than what Raro would/will bring on Blu. :stuck_out_tongue:

Raro was going to release Fulciā€™s Cat In the Brain on Blu (had announced it already) but couldnā€™t because Grindhouse Releasing ows the rights. :stuck_out_tongue:

Raro was going to release Fulci's Cat In the Brain

Or re-release in the USā€¦ they did release it in Italy

Gunfighters of Casa Grande was written by Borden Chase. Chase was a very accomplished western film writer responsible for Red River, Winchester 73 and many others. Early appearance of Aldo Sambrell in both Gunfighter of Casa Grande and Son of a Gunfighter.

Any news from Raro on their Ringo and His Golden Pistol release?

All is quietā€¦I think may might have not had secured US rights before announcing that titleā€¦having Warner putting out a MOD right after there announcement is just strange :-\

I got the Warner Archive DVD. Picture quality is good. Movie not so goodā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll be generous & give it 3/5

Just found out that Dutch Filmworks released the following 2 westerns in September 2014 in the Netherlands/Belgium

[/URL] [URL=http://img252.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=018041906_9200000030059718_122_60lo.jpg][url]http://img259.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=018039727_9200000030059692_122_197lo.jpg[/url]

I bought It Can Be Done Amigo and itā€™s 2.35:1 but non-anamorphic (in 2014 :o) with italian audio and dutch subtitles. No extras

According to online stores the specification for A Reason to Live a Reason to Die is the same but I canā€™t confirm

thanks!

in the meantime, as posted on the FB page, Explosive Media will release the other two Sabata films on BluRay and DVD this spring

I added the 2 DFW releases to their catalogue. Will probably order these myself. Already have the Wild East disc of It Can Be Done Amigo, but perhaps itā€™s best to leave that sealed. Price for oop Wild East releases can go sky-high.

I added the 2 DFW releases to their catalogue. Will probably order these myself. Already have the Wild East disc of It Can Be Done Amigo, but perhaps it's best to leave that sealed. Price for oop Wild East releases can go sky-high.

Donā€™t expect to much of the quality although the Wild East is probably not better. For some reason both Fame & Mediamarkt didnt have the Reason dvd, only Amigo

Came out on the 29/1

Oh, hell yeah!