[DVD] Latest and Upcoming Releases

Amazing box set… will be nice to see Gentleman Killer with better audio

[quote=“The Stranger, post:1036, topic:43”]July or August:

“Koch Media Italowestern Enzyklopädie” with the following movies:

• Cowards Don’t Pray (I vigliacchi non pregano)
  • A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof (…e per tetto un cielo di stelle)
  • Gentleman Killer (Gentleman Jo… uccidi)
  • Roy Colt and Winchester Jack (Roy Colt e Winchester Jack)

[/quote]

The price will be 50 €.

That’s a reasonable price if one is interested in all 4 films.

And a bit much if one is only interested in one. And even this one is (so far and in a cut version) beneath 6/10. Too bad, two turkeys, one which is ok to watch, and one which is probably good in the uncut version (or probably still not).

I’m surprised Koch releases them in a box, cause the Django and the Halleluja box have sold not enough so that a Steffen box was cancelled and the Steffen films were released as single DVDs in the Rainbow Collection.

Yes only really interested in one of the films really :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have any of them on original dvd’s yet so I’m interested, especially since Wild East’s Gentlemen Killer has been sold out for long time now.

The only box set that Koch came out with that actually made any sense was the Sollima box. The other sets, the Hallelujah set had only one Hallelujah film and the Django set had only one Django film. I have the two sets in my room right now and even looking at them confuses me. A steffen box definitely would’ve made sense as long as steffen happens to be in all the films. I would’ve prefered just straight simple, non complicated single releases. Also releasing titles under “rainbow” and non rainbow was wierd as well. Like what actually distinguishes or determines whether or not a title is released as a “rainbow” or regular? . Really, what was the point of that?

Imagine if Wildeast released Ringo the lone rider, don’t turn the other cheek, Kill and Pray, and Killer caliber 32 as a box set and called it the “ringo collection”. Doesn’t make much sense does it?

All films in the boxes had at least a Django or a Halleluja in their German title. And the 3 Django ones were at least dub Djangos.
And the Halleluja box had also a soundtrack CD which contained all tracks from both Halleluja films.

[quote=“Stanton, post:1046, topic:43”]All films in the boxes had at least a Django or a Halleluja in their German title. And the 3 Django ones were at least dub Djangos.
And the Halleluja box had also a soundtrack CD which contained all tracks from both Halleluja films.[/quote]

Big deal, big deal, big deal

There are more Djangos in Germany than in the rest of the world (the least you can say is that it’s a record!)

Benelux releases by EIC[/url]

26-04-2012 Doc West

[URL=http://img287.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=738342521_5412012159303_bad_mans_river_3D_doc_122_353lo.jpg][url]eic.be is for sale!
24-05-2012 Bad Man’s River

Just bought the Benelux Bad Man’s River DVD and the quality is afwul and in the wrong format (1.78:1 instead of 2.35:1, zoomed on sides and top/bottom)

Benelux DVD: 1h25m36s
[/URL]

German DVD: 1h27m53s

Spanish DivX rip (Spanish DVD probably): 1h23m34s

US DVD: 1h28m04
[URL=http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=341835301_badmansriver_usa_122_430lo.jpg][url]http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=387384904_badmansriver_benelux_122_893lo.jpg[/url]

I have confirmed that the Benelux and Spanish versions have scenes missing compared to the German one.

I suspect the US DVD to be a PAL conversion. In that case it would be only 11 seconds longer than the German one. If it’s actually NTSC then it would be 1h31m50s in PAL speed and 4 minutes longer

Got 4 versions now and not a single decent one

There are a couple of caps from the new German Face to Face disc at the cinefacts forums compared to the old OOP Koch disc and if the caps are accurate I must say the Koch disc looks better. The new Explosive Media disc looks too filtered (DNR?), yuck.
[size=8pt](the screenshots are in these two posts but you need an account at the site to see them bigger
http://forum.cinefacts.de/227143-der-gehetzte-der-sierra-madre-special-edition-im-mediabook-2.html#post7692557 & http://forum.cinefacts.de/227143-der-gehetzte-der-sierra-madre-special-edition-im-mediabook-2.html#post7692562 )[/size]

No screenshots from the Big Gundown BR or DVD yet but the comments say the DVD is worse (and the BR better, but it would be quite hard not to be…) than the old Koch disc(s).

Oh well, I’ll get them and see for myself. :\

Dunno if anyone has seen these yet. Shout! Factory is releasing 2 Django Double Features in December.

I pre-ordered both. I don’t have any of the films and $6.95 is the nice price.

Koch Media Italowestern Enzyklopädie no longer has a fixed release date according to amazon, hope it doesn’t go the way of the last reported rainbow release. :frowning:

Any info on the English Audio sound quality on the new German Explosive Media DVD of Face to Face?

2013/06/04 (Japan):

Viva la muerte … Tua !

Audio: English
Subtitles: Japanese
Format: 1.78:1

1000 Dollari sul Nero

Audio: Italian

Il Mio Nome E Pecos

Kill Them All and Come Back Alone

Audio: English

Dove Si Spara Di Piu

Vivio Preferibilmente Morti

Audio: Italian, English
Format: 1.33:1

If the prints are not bad there is some titles that will make great fandub projects.

Anybody who knows whether these two double features will have english options or not?

They are from dtp entertainment.

Hmm… Cheese stuff double feature… :wink: Nice covers.

Hehe… Dutch repackaging:

They’re really milking it for all its worth eh?

The “original” Django is it ;D?. It also seems to pushing Django as some type of Jonah Hex knock-off with that tag-line of: “From hell… a stranger comes back.”