[DVD] Latest and Upcoming Releases

Haha. Either way you’re living the life :slight_smile:

Okay, at the risk of repeating information already provided by Grinder and confirmed or at least supported by stanton’s post: according to two comparatively reliable sources (the Online-Filmdatenbank and a customer review on Amazon.de posted yesterday), the Wild Coyote DVD of Tre pistole contro Cesare presents two versions of the film,
• the German theatrical version and
• the longer, restored Italian version.
It has
German audio and
Italian audio;
• subtitles only for the parts originally missing from the German theatrical version; and those
subtitles are only in German.

How difficult can it be for a DVD company (or its distributor) to provide correct information on its own products? Apparently, very difficult, if not impossible. – Really annoying.

3 Likes

For the Italians? There are quite a lot living in Germany btw.

But you are right. All Spags should have subs taken from the original Italian version, especially as many German dubs are quite imaginative in staying far away from the Italian version.

@Stanton & Companero_M: Thanks for further explanation.

@Søren:
With my statement “English audio being available in general” I wanted to say that the english audio track in principle is available from english language releases (like the Greek VHS for instance).
This audio track was also present at Wild Coyote offices.
So, as they have not used the English Audio for the release I am sure that it was forbidden to include by the Italian license owner.
This is typical and always a problem for serious German labels like Explosive/Wild Coyote, Koch, Colosseo, etc.
Remember that many of the old Koch releases had the English track more or less as a “hidden feature”.

The German subtitels for the 9 minutes cut parts of the German theatralic Version make sense for sure because German viewers so could follow the whole movie without understanding Italian.
Anyway Stanton is right that there should be full movie subtitels for Italian language on any German release since German dubs in most cases are “special”. Unfortunately this was not considered for “Cesare”

Coming to the other new Wild Coyote release:

“Captain Apache” has German and English dub as well as English subtitels for the whole movie.
The print is very fine. Runtime is 89:39 Min PAL.
Extras are a slideshow with original posters and lobby cards, the US Trailer and the German opening credits.

1 Like

English subs were often not mentioned on the cover, but I don’t remember that for an audio track too.

Cover for the forthcoming Colosseo DVD release of A Coffin for the Sheriff:

Hm, I am not sure about which dvds. I`d have to check my collection.
From the top of my head one possible title could be…“Run man run” (Rainbow collection)

My guess is that if you translate the subs yourself then you don’t run into any copyright issues.

Nah, I think it is simply about the rights for English language options.

ABKCO Films will release Blindman on DVD and digital download on November 4th.
Sadly no Blu-Ray but the digital version will be available in HD as well.

HD mastered from the original 35mm Negative
5.1 Sountrack
2:35 Techniscope
Running Time 1 hr 45 min

The DVD will be a barebones release as it will have only English audio track and no extras. Region 1.

The digital version will be available at iTunes and Amazon.

The film will also have a couple of theatrical showings very soon:
IFC CENTER NYC OCT 7 & 8 MIDNIGHT SCREENING
THE CASTRO THEATER SAN FRANSICO OCTOBER 21 (Double feature with El Topo)

1 Like

I’ve just got an old Cultcine copy which I think is sourced from the Koch release, so hopefully this will look noticeably better.

The two new Wild Coyote dvds “Jetzt sprechen die Pistolen” (Why go on killing) and “Die Unerbittlichen Vier” (The relentless four) have english audio option :slight_smile:

Here are some screenshots from “Die Unerbittlichen Vier”:

Could someone remind me which of the Wild Coyote DVDs have English options? I’m looking to pick them up. I know 3 Guns for Caesar doesn’t, and I already have Sonara. But information on the other 5 varies from source to source. Help a brother out?

Covers (slipcase and keep case) for Colosseo Film’s upcoming DVD release of Johnny Yuma:

A little late: Wild Coyote DVDs – audio options, subtitles

• Alberto De Martino, Centomila dollari per Ringo, 100.000 Dollar für Ringo
English, German; no subtitles

• Antonio Margheriti, Joe l’implacabile, 4 Halleluja für Dynamit Joe
German, Italian; German subtitles for scenes omitted from the German theatrical print

• Julio Buchs, El hombre que mató a Billy el Niño, Sein Steckbrief ist kein Heiligenbild
English, German, Spanish; no subtitles

• Adelchi Bianchi: Buckaroo (il Winchester que non perdona), Buccaroo – Galgenvögel zwitschern nicht
German, Italian; German subtitles for scenes omitted from the German theatrical print

• Alexander Singer, Captain Apache
English, German; English subtitles

I have yet to watch Enzo Peri’s Tre pistole contro Cesare, 3 Pistolen gegen Cesare, Primo Zeglio’s I quattro inesorabili, Die unerbittlichen vier, and José Antonio de la Loma and Edoardo Mulargia’s ¿Por qué seguir matando? / Perché uccidi ancora, Jetzt sprechen die Pistolen. For the latter film three audio options – English, German, Italian – were confirmed by morgan and TucoBene.

Saw a review on amazon that Tre Pistole Contro Cesare only has German and Italian Audio and German subtitles

Die unerbittlichen Vier (Die vier Geier der Sierra Nevada / Los cuatro implacables) has German and English audio

Are the German subs for the full Italian track, or only for the parts that lack German audio?

please folks add all this info or confirmations, corrections, etc. in the SWDb proper as well, most imporantly

• Enzo Peri, Tre pistole contro Cesare, 3 Pistolen gegen Cesare
German, Italian; German subtitles only for scenes omitted from the German theatrical print

Thanks

1 Like