[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

[quote=ā€œVito Cipriani, post:1460, topic:660ā€]Arrow as a company stretch back to the days of VHS but Iā€™m not sure how much the current incarnation has to do with that era.[/quote]The mistakes they made in them days were good mistakes, as in accidentally putting stuff out uncut that was supposed to be BBFC cut :smiley:
I wonder if it was actually done on purpose at times.

[quote=ā€œdjvaso, post:1459, topic:660ā€]I also have Django: Prepare a Coffin but unfortunately I donā€™t share your enthusiasm about quality.
caps-a-holic.com comparison: Blu-ray DE vs. Blu-ray UK [url]http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=3260&disc2=2699&hd_multiID=404#auswahl[/url][/quote]

Ok, youā€™re right. I should have omitted Django: prepare a coffin, as the German release actually looks far betterā€¦

They are probably some of the most annoying ā€˜fansā€™ out there. I have a few of their more recent releases and the ones i have are mostly pretty decent, but they recently botched a gorgeous transfer of BLOOD AND BLACK LACE by over-cropping it. Heaven forbid anybody on any forum should mention this or here come the over-defensive fans who donā€™t have a clue what theyā€™re actually talking about.

[quote=ā€œYodlaf Peterson, post:1443, topic:660ā€]Looking forward to this, hopefully there will be more Tony Anthony Bluā€™s coming out in the future too.

[/quote]

Went to a screening of this last month. Tony Anthony was there (along with William Lustig) and did a very funny Q&A. He said the person who has the rights to Blindman is not interested in releasing it any time soon. So looks like the Koch DVD will be the best version for some time to come of that one.

DVD Beaver review of Kinoā€™s BD of Face to Face: [url]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_68/face_to_face_blu-ray.htm[/url]

Looks good to me but why would I ever want to watch the shorter version. And they didnā€™t even include the full English track for the uncut version.

I agree - it strikes me as being slightly redundant without the Italian cut in HD, as thatā€™s the only version Iā€™d ever watch anyhow. The Spaghetti Western genreā€™s rough treatment on home media continuesā€¦

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_68/face_to_face_blu-ray.htm

The Kino release looks a lot better than the Eureka DVD version.

However, it only contains a HD version of the cut-version (18,5 minute shorter). Itā€™s also Region A locked and has no subtitles for the HD English version.

what the fuck I thinkā€¦ that is a bummer

Yeah it is a real shame because those caps of the HD English version look quite nice.

Eureka cancelled the Blu of FACE TO FACE because of the quality of the Italian master.

Kinoā€™s A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE! is the American theatrical cut only.

Anyone know if Wild East gave up on the Sartana Box set or not? Was just thinking how cool it would be if Arrow released If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death on blu!

Yup, itā€™s dead. Rights issues killed it, I believe.

Cemetery without Crosses review on Blu-ray.com[/url]: gives it 3.5/5 for PQ.

Also, Caps-a-Holic comparison between the BD and the Japanese SPO disc. Arrow might have used the same source as SPO as if you look at shot [url=http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=6117&disc2=6118&cap1=57689&cap2=57701&art=full&image=10&hd_multiID=2497&action=1&lossless=#vergleich]#8[url]Cemetery Without Crosses Blu-ray (The Rope and the Colt / Une corde, un Colt...), the same yellow mark is present.

[quote=ā€œecc, post:1471, topic:660ā€]Eureka cancelled the Blu of FACE TO FACE because of the quality of the Italian master.

Kinoā€™s A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE! is the American theatrical cut only.[/quote]

So, A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die is also cutā€¦ I donā€™t get the point. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. I sure as hell ainā€™t gonna buy these kino releasesā€¦

Kino has proven time and time again, they are not going to do any heavy lifting. They are going to release whatever they are given. Sometimes they get a very nice source, but quite often not. Personally, i would never pre-order anything from them. Wait until the reviews are in. Will wait for the reviews for BUā€™s GET MEAN as well, but it will most certainly be better than what i have. Iā€™m excited for GET MEAN.

So having watched Arrowā€™s BD of Cemetery without Crosses last night, I can report back being very pleased. Thereā€™s no edge enhancement at all (I detected a few stray sharpening anomalies on their Day of Anger) and grain is nicely retained (unlike with Django, Prepare a Coffin). The image seems very organic with no digital manipulation - the booklet reports that an internegative had to be used as it was the best surviving element. This means it doesnā€™t look as fine as one mightā€™ve hoped for and to call this a true ā€œrestorationā€ would be stretching things slightly - dirt, scratches, yellow discolouring can be seen, although many scenes are unaffected by this (the opening credits look the worst in this regard). I would rather have, though, these kinds of imperfections rather than the digital changes so I was happy with the overall release. I never thought Iā€™d see this film in HD so Iā€™m immensely pleased - roll on Le Gout de la violence!

Iā€™m so upset there is no French audio on the Cemetery without Crosses BD. Apparently Arrow could not get the rights. That makes me wonder if a French BD release is on the horizonā€¦

DVDBeaver review of Kinoā€™s Blu-ray release of Navajo Joe[url]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_68/navajo_joe_blu-ray.htm[/url]. It looks very similar to the Koch Media BD, so a good alternative for our American friends.

I wonder if they fixed the audio (music) sync in the beginning and made the day-to-night scenes look as they should (like they are only on the on Japanese DVD). I mean of course they didnā€™tā€¦ butā€¦?