[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

What detail in this reviewā€¦I am impressed.

If the only thing wrong with this release is the tint of the opening and ending credits I must say that that is something I can easily live with. Perhaps watching bundles of vhs transfers and simply bad dvd transfers make you a bit more lenient :slight_smile:

Never now what theyā€™re thinking when they change the color of things. I mean, that skyā€¦ What the hell?

Well, from what I saw, the sky colors changed in some scenes due to print damage.

Yes, that seems to be the case. Even with the damage to the internegative used as the source, itā€™s really an amazing presentation of the film, miles ahead of the DVDs Iā€™ve seen.

Iā€™m not sure whether the opening sequence was intended to be sepia, as Iā€™d have thought if that was the case, itā€™d be printed in sepia on the internegative that this release is sourced from. However, itā€™s certainly different to the SPO disc - arguably no less ā€˜legitimateā€™ though :slight_smile: Maybe the sepia tint was just an anomaly in the prints used for release in whatever country SPO sourced their master from.

[quote=ā€œVito Cipriani, post:1425, topic:660ā€]Thank you :slight_smile: Yes, that seems to be the case. Even with the damage to the internegative used as the source, itā€™s really an amazing presentation of the film, miles ahead of the DVDs Iā€™ve seen.

Iā€™m not sure whether the opening sequence was intended to be sepia, as Iā€™d have thought if that was the case, itā€™d be printed in sepia on the internegative that this release is sourced from. However, itā€™s certainly different to the SPO disc - arguably no less ā€˜legitimateā€™ though :slight_smile: Maybe the sepia tint was just an anomaly in the prints used for release in whatever country SPO sourced their master from.[/quote]

Take into account that whoever prepared the master for THE BEYOND also incorrectly presented the opening in black and white instead of sepia (and it was shot in color and tinted), and that had to be digitally corrected by Arrow.

Iā€™ve been informed that apparently, the interview with Hossein on the German DVD from Anolis suggests that the opening sequence for the filmā€™s French prints were printed in monochrome, whereas the Italian release prints featured the sepia opening sequence. So all, it seems, is good :slight_smile:

Wasnā€™t the German DVD of Cemetery Without Crosses also presented with the black and white opening and closing scenes? I think it was.

Quite possibly :slight_smile: Certainly, listings for it indicate that it includes as an ā€˜extraā€™ an alternate opening sequence.

what I am wondering is should I ditch the highly limited German DVD I haveā€¦ I mean the Arrow has fewer audio options, and the German DVD has a nice wooden case and TONS of easter egg feaures

Ah highly limited maybe pushing it a bit far. They made 2000 copies didnā€™t they? Twice as many as the standard Wild East-release :slight_smile:

I would keep both if you are hooked on watching the movie with the German or French dub. Me I wll certainly go for the Arrow release and even it had all the dubs in the world I would still choose to watch it with the Italian dub which the Arrow has. The French may be the most ā€˜correctā€™ but the Italian sounds better to me.

I can sympathise with this. Itā€™s the story of my life :smiley:

But yes, like Soren says, I can envisage myself watching this with the Italian dub in future revisits to the film.

Iā€™m not the filmā€™s biggest fan, so Iā€™ll probably stick to the German dvd I have. For me, itā€™s not a movie to be watched too often.

Argh no French track on the bluray? What a disappointment. French/English/German/Italian/Spanish soundtracks & subtitles should be required by law on all European dvd releases

Iā€™m intrigued as to what these could be?

Im really looking forward to see it the great Chris Casey gave me my first chance to see it about 14 years ago and I havenā€™t seen it again since!

[quote=ā€œVito Cipriani, post:1427, topic:660ā€]Iā€™ve been informed that apparently, the interview with Hossein on the German DVD from Anolis suggests that the opening sequence for the filmā€™s French prints were printed in monochrome, whereas the Italian release prints featured the sepia opening sequence. So all, it seems, is good :)[/quote]But it doesnā€™t say Une corde, un Coltā€¦ in the credits, it says Cimitero senza croci, so theyā€™ve released what should be sepia as B & W, wonā€™t be the first time theyā€™ve done it.

Even though some versions in some countries do have a B & W intro, the Italian credits should be sepia. If they had used French or English credits B & W would have been fine, but Italian credits (which they have used) should be sepia.
Arrow are saying the intro is B & W dues to Robert Hosseinā€™s wishes, fair enough, but should have used other credits then.

Actually I donā€™t see much if any of a difference between sepia and b/w. But in color, like it was in the German theatrical version (if I remember correctly), it is a difference. Not a great one though.

I understand the purists view of keeping the colour of the intro in the original colours, but damn weā€™re talking of a HD release of a semi-obscure spaghetti western here. Perhaps we should be glad that someone bothered at all !?

Get Mean
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Blue_Underground/Disc_Announcements/bluray-will-get-mean-this-fall/24462