Best of Fernando Sancho

But Duel in the Eclipse is one of his roles in which every other actor would have been probably better. He is only doing his Sancho routine, and the film needs someone who could have given this character more depth.

Got this nifty little book for my b-day from I…I… and saw my boy Fernando in here! Being a zombie fan and a Sancho fan I was obviously very excited! Trying to track down this movie ASAP. Here’s the trailer. Looks like a fun little flick. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoPBexyxYQ

[quote=“Devil Bunny, post:19, topic:2230”]

Got this nifty little book for my b-day from I…I… and saw my boy Fernando in here! Being a zombie fan and a Sancho fan I was obviously very excited! Trying to track down this movie ASAP. Here’s the trailer. Looks like a fun little flick. ;D

I’ve got this book also. Pretty good read. Not a bad film either (the trailer). Shouldn’t be too hard to track down.

Yeah, the 2nd “Blind Dead” movie… Anchor Bay/Blue Underground released it.

Here in Spain is not considered a star Spaghetto front line … :’(

[quote=“Devil Bunny, post:19, topic:2230”]Got this nifty little book for my b-day from I…I… and saw my boy Fernando in here! Being a zombie fan and a Sancho fan I was obviously very excited! Trying to track down this movie ASAP. Here’s the trailer. Looks like a fun little flick. ;D

An outstanding film, as are all of the blind dead films, except maybe the third one that takes place on a ship. Get the boxed set from Blue underground.

That sucks!

of course ‘if you meet sartana pray for your death’ and ‘arizona colt’

Just for the reminder: in this topic we’re looking for the best lines/quotes of Sancho dialogue not his films.

I would like to drop a word or two on two of his non-western roles.
In Miguel Lluch’s CRIMEN (1964), he has a rare heroic role, at least if you accept Lt. Colombo or Maigret as heroes. It’s a film set in a small town in Spain and gives top billing to Julián Mateos (of THE HELLBENDERS), who plays the villainous son of the town boss (Luis Induni). The Mateos character and his dim, slimy assistant (played by Sergio Doré) sneak into the house of a woman (Sonia Bruno) who had been rejecting Mateos’s advances. The Doré character, however, fudges it all and both the girl and her mother are killed. Then Mateos proceeds to frame the honest town doctor (Victor Valverde). The doctor is arrested. Then, when the film is a third old, in comes a dapperly dressed Fernando Sancho and he takes over as the lead, in the role of a phlegmatic judge who smells a rat and goes on to question everyone connected with the case, only to discover that people are too afraid to tell the truth. It’s rare to see a film in which Sancho emerges as the hero. One would have expected him to play the villain’s slimy sidekick, but this character is played by the usually dignified Sergio Doré (the military judge in 4 DOLLARS FOR VENGEANCE), who one often sees as doctors, judges, etc.

Sancho also had a good role in Vicente Aranda’s CAMBIO DE SEXO (1977). This stars Victoria Abril as a young boy (yes, you’ve heard right) who wants to undergo a sex change. Fernando Sancho plays the character’s uncomprehending, macho-minded father. Both he and Montserrat Carrulla (as his more comprehending wife) are very good.

Yes, but we need more Sancho quotes!!!

Still, very interesting stuff, Nzoog!

That film Crimen that you mentioned sounds interesting Nzoog, I want to see it!

[quote=“Devil Bunny, post:19, topic:2230”]

the cover it’s from the horror movie of fulci ‘city of the living dead’

The Sancho quotes I know are from the Spanish soundtracks, usually with his own dubbed voice.

In Judas…toma tus monedas, he is seen at one point passing for a blind beggar and saying: “I’m a poor blind man who can’t see” (as if there were blind people who could).
In Pistoleros de Arizonas, he is ambushed. He survives and when he confronts his enemies, he says: “I don’t like bad ambushes” (as opposed to good ones).

In The Fabulous Trinity, he plays a coronel. When he sends his men to capture an enemy, he says: “I’ll shoot him! Then I’ll hang him! And then I’ll give him five years’ life imprisonment!”.

Haha! Good ones! :smiley:

LOL

Three images of Sancho in CRIMEN.
The caps are from a VHS recording of a TV showing:

With María Martín

With José Montez

Interesting, I remember Maria Martini from Cry for Revenge/Dead Men don’t count

This is a Fernando Sancho quote… “You see that hill?” he asked them pointing to a nearby peak. “Only bad men live on that hill and the badder you are, the higher up you live.” He then rocked back, took a shot of whisky and growled, “I live at the top…Can you tell me the name of this western?

Also posted here