Alternative Top 20

I was looking at my alternative top 20 list, and I wish to replace Man of the East with Today We Kill Tomorrow we Die.

my alternative top 20

1. if you meet sartana pray for your death 1968
  2. light the fuse sartana is coming 1971
  3. they call him halleluja 1971
  4. sugar colt 1966
  5. bad man’s river 1971
  6. red sun 1971
  7. dead man ride 1971
  8. killer kid 1967
  9. minesota clay 1964
  10. a man called sledge 1971
  11. hannie caulder 1971
  12. rytern of sabata 1971
  13. rytern of stranger 1971
  14. silver sadle 1978
  15. today we kill tomorrow we die 1968
  16. cjamango 1967
  17. Wdjango! 1972
  18. masacre time 1966
  19. payment in blood 1967
  20. i 'am sartana angel of death

now is right deputy? as for sartana other series i have it all and see it but it’s very very far from ‘if you meet sartana’ and ‘light the fuse’ the original it’s masterpiece
and the last one, ‘light the fuse sartana is coming’ only came close
now??

An alternative list is a thing I should do!

[quote=“sartana1968, post:142, topic:1671”]my alternative top 20

1. they call him halleluja 1971
  2. payment in blood 1967
  3. the bounty killer 1967
  4. sugar colt 1966
  5. bad man’s river 1971
  6. red sun 1971
  7. dead man ride 1971
  8. killer kid 1967
  9. minesota clay 1964
  10. a man called sledge 1971
  11. hannie caulder 1971
  12. rytern of sabata 1971
  13. rytern of stranger 1971
  14. silver sadle 1978
  15. today we kill tomorrow we die 1968
  16. cjamango 1967
  17. Wdjango! 1972
  18. masacre time 1966
  19. the magnificent seven ride 1972
  20. el condor 1970

now is right deputy? as for sartana other series i have it all and see it but it’s very very far from ‘if you meet sartana’ and ‘light the fuse’ the original it’s masterpiece
and the last one, ‘light the fuse sartana is coming’ only came close[/quote]

I specially like your number one!

Done

[quote=“sartana1968, post:142, topic:1671”]19. the magnificent seven ride 1972
20. el condor 1970

now is right deputy?[/quote]

Afraid not. The above two are not Spaghetti Westerns. Condor was shot in Spain but is an American film. Mag 7 Ride was shot entirely in the U.S if I’m not mistaken.
Again, as you have repeatedly said that the first Sartana film is your favourite of all why not include it here. It is OK to include it in both your top 20 and alternative top 20 because it does not appear on this list:

This means I could use both if you meet sartana pray for your death and light the fuse sartana is coming if you’d like?
Your choice but I need 2 more one way or another.

Considering my earlier list here actually comprised of about half the stuff in my “Official” list, here goes; (subject to change, as will the other list be, of course)

1. The Call Him Cemetery
  2. I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly
  3. Kill The Wicked
  4. Requiem For A Gringo
  5. Cowards Don’t Pray
  6. Blood At Sundown
  7. Sartana Does Not Forgive
  8. Death Walks In Laredo
  9. Forgotten Pistolero
  10. Payment In Blood
  11. Wrath of God
  12. Garringo
  13. A Name that cried Revenge
  14. May God Forgive You, But I Won’t
  15. Killer Adios
  16. KIdnapping
  17. A Gun for 100 Graves (Gunman of 100 Crosses)
  18. BUry Them Deep
  19. Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin
  20. Deguello

[quote=“Silver, post:147, topic:1671”]Considering my earlier list here actually comprised of about half the stuff in my “Official” list, here goes; (subject to change, as will the other list be, of course)

1. The Call Him Cemetery
  2. I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly
  3. Kill The Wicked
  4. Requiem For A Gringo
  5. Cowards Don’t Pray
  6. Blood At Sundown
  7. Sartana Does Not Forgive
  8. Death Walks In Laredo
  9. Forgotten Pistolero
  10. Payment In Blood
  11. Wrath of God
  12. Garringo
  13. A Name that cried Revenge
  14. May God Forgive You, But I Won’t
  15. Killer Adios
  16. KIdnapping
  17. A Gun for 100 Graves (Gunman of 100 Crosses)
  18. BUry Them Deep
  19. Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin
  20. Deguello[/quote]
    a name that cried for revenge in your top alternative 20?? cool!!!

I do have a definite fondness for it…and the ost is one of my most played ones.

the problem is there is not available the english version anywhere, let’s hope for a wild east dvd

Well i have the German dvd, but also an audio dubbed version of that same disc (which is not fantastic quality but much better than my craapy old English vhs). But a nicer quality, widescreen version would be good :wink:

i have an dvd transfered from a horible horible vhs, horible picture and horible sound,
first they shoot and two seconds later you hear the sound from the guns!!!
who knows when they re-released it, the movie it’s almoust good as the no room to die from garrone

[quote=“sartana1968, post:152, topic:1671”]i have an dvd transfered from a horible horible vhs, horible picture and horible sound,
first they shoot and two seconds later you hear the sound from the guns!!!
who knows when they re-released it, the movie it’s almoust good as the no room to die from garrone[/quote]

That sounds like the first version i got… At the time i thought it was near unwatchable, though since, i’ve sat thru much worse quality stuff!

maybe it’s the same like you version who knows, what do you expect when the movie has no oficial release
that’s bad, it deserve many credits!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:3, topic:1671”]Sounds like fun Phil, great idea!

Here is my alternative top 20

1. Sabata
  2. They Call Him Cemetery
  3. Light the Fuse, Sartana is Coming
  4. Have a Good Funeral Friend, Sartana Will Pay
  5. And God Said to Cain
  6. The Stranger’s Gundown/Django the Bastard
  7. The Stranger Returns
  8. Tequila Joe
  9. I am Sartana, Your Angel of Death
  10. The Return of Ringo
  11. A Pistol for Ringo
  12. $10,000 Blood Money
  13. Garringo
  14. No Room to Die
  15. A Stranger in Paso Bravo
  16. Two Pistols for a Coward/Gunman Sent by God
  17. Cry for Revenge/Dead Men Don’t Count
  18. 32 Caliber Killer
  19. Man of the East
  20. Sartana is Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin/Fistful of Lead[/quote]
    i like your list!

Thanks!

i haven’t scene yet ‘a stranger in paso bravo’

Somebody should have just redirected me to this thread when I submitted my Leone-less list to the Essential Top 20 Films thread, I thought the Alternative Top 20 was compiled by staff members. Let’s participate, then. For the time being I’ll only list the 10 I’m most passionate about.

Johnny Hamlet (1968) (Enzo G. Castellari)
Texas, Adios (1966) (Ferdinando Baldi)
Pride and Vengeance (1968) (Luigi Bazzoni)
Long Days of Vengeance (1967) (Florestano Vancini)
Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay (1970) (Giuliano Carnimeo)
Django the Bastard (1969) (Sergio Garrone)
The Stranger Returns (1967) (Luigi Vanzi)
The Stranger and the Gunfighter (1974) (Antonio Margheriti)
Trinity is STILL My Name! (1971) (Enzo Barboni)
Beyond the Law (1968) (Giorgio Stegani)

I’m surprised the Alternate Top 20 doesn’t basically just look like The Essential List’s 21-40.

By the way, yours are most likely my favorite SW reviews, Son of Django, we usually agree on the quality of the films.

Yeah I think thats because they are compiled using a different system.

Having added Systematicer’s list to the spreadsheet I thought it was time I updated the overall list as there have now been a few changes since I last did so. As you probably know I avoid updating it too often but with three changes I figured it should be done. I have also taken out Return of Ringo because this has now been in the Official Top 20 for some time so seems reasonable to take it out of here.

So, considering that RoR was a big vote getter that now no longer qualifies and that most folk here made their Alternative vote around 2 years ago I thought I’d throw it open for anyone who wants to to submit a new alternative top 20 list based on the usual criteria but using the Official Top 20 as it stands today as your starting point. This will give those who voted for RoR to opt for something else and at the same time allow Sabata, which was not eligible originally, to get a fair crack of the whip.

To remind everyone of how this works you need to submit a list here of your favourite 20 spaghettis which do not feature on the current Official Top 20. That doesn’t mean you can’t choose a film that is in your current top 20. Only if it doesn’t make the cut in the overall Top 20. For example, Blindman may be in your top 20 list. But it isn’t in the overall Official Top 20, so you can include it in your Alternative Top 20 too. In fact, that’s the point of this list. Highlighting those films which you believe should get more attention but which somehow don’t get the universal praise they deserve.

Finally, if you are submitting an updated list please quote your previous one so I can make the necessary adjustments. All lists were submitted here so just trawl back a bit and you should find it. This will save me having to do it. :wink:

The list as it currently appears now looks like this: