Alternative Top 20

Ok, I’ve made the page now.

I’ll pretty it up later with some pictures and such.
Any other suggestions on how to make it look nice, feel free.

[quote=“Phil H, post:101, topic:1671”]Ok, I’ve made the page now.

I’ll pretty it up later with some pictures and such.
Any other suggestions on how to make it look nice, feel free.[/quote]

Excellent

Would ‘Tip 20’ be a nice name, or addition to the actual name: Alternative Top 20 (Tip 20)

Or maybe “Insider’s Top 20”.

Anyway, great job Phil I certainly appreciate your contribution.

I think either could work.

By the way Scherps, How did you create the sidebar of pictures on the new introduction page. I tried copying and pasting it (my usual technique for handling stuff I don’t understand) and I discovered that any image I want to use is the wrong size. Do I need to resize anything I want to use in photobucket or somesuch and then re upload onto the database?

Any guidance would be welcome.

[quote=“Phil H, post:104, topic:1671”]By the way Scherps, How did you create the sidebar of pictures on the new introduction page. I tried copying and pasting it (my usual technique for handling stuff I don’t understand) and I discovered that any image I want to use is the wrong size. Do I need to resize anything I want to use in photobucket or somesuch and then re upload onto the database?

Any guidance would be welcome.[/quote]

You’ll have to ask Lindberg, he was responsible for the sidebar; I think he used a special program to reseize some pics, so that’s probably the reason it won’t work. I guess you have to reseize your pics too before you’ll be able to use them in this sidebar.

Ok thanks

Your concise summaries are both informative and entertaining. Very nice job!

A short list I would rate highly not in DB top 20:

California
I Want Him Dead
Have A Good Funeral My Friend…
And God Said To Cain
Ace High
I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death
Chino
This Man Can’t Die
Mannaja
Four Of The Apocalypse

Excellent job Phil! Interesting outcome, definitely not the list I would of expected

Yes nice list Phil

And for the photos in the introduction I used IrfanView to crop and resize the ones we used

Did you intend to have a sidebar of movie posters?

[quote=“Lindberg, post:110, topic:1671”]Yes nice list Phil

And for the photos in the introduction I used IrfanView to crop and resize the ones we used

Did you intend to have a sidebar of movie posters?[/quote]

Yes, thast is what I was hoping for. Just thought I’d use existing images from the database to add a bit of life and colour to the page but tripped over the whole sizing issue.

If you’re using posters maybe they don’t have to be the same height though, and it would be a shame to crop them. We used photos in the intro you know, they’re ok to crop

You could just add for example px250 to each picture, and they get the same width

Yeah in my review for Death Walks In Laredo I just put several posters down the side, all sized the same using the px command Lindberg mentioned above… don’t know if that’s what you’re going for but worked for me

Hey Phil!

Great page! And great alternative list! Now we really got something for beginners to start watching SWs!
With the two top20 lists a beginner has something to do!

You short comments are really nnnnice. Well done. :slight_smile:

That could well be the answer.
I’ll give it a try.

I just did a little work on your page, you can just continue if you like

Or if you want something else, I’ll help you if you want

That looks good, thanks.

I’ll carry on and if I get into schtuck I’ll give you a yell.

I’ve added some posters and also put in some links to reviews where we have them.

There’s some gaps though on the review front for some of these films so if anyone feels like writing one go ahead. I’ll definitely be adding a couple.

Lastly, I didn’t link to a review for Navajo Joe despite there being two to choose from because neither of them (from me and Scherps) is actually that positive about the film. I figured if we are recommending the film it should have a review by someone who actually digs it.

Anyhow, let me know what you think.

Will there be an alternative top 20 in the database?

[quote=“Silence, post:119, topic:1671”]Will there be an alternative top 20 in the database?[/quote]Just check the first post on this page.