A Bullet for Sandoval / Quei disperati che puzzano di sudore e di morte / Los desesperados (Julio Buchs, 1969)

The best ?

Yeah, this or Massacre Time

Massacre Time for me :slight_smile: .

yeah, for me too, the best scene is, when he is in a tavern, all drunk, he claps hands in front of one guy, but sees no response,
he just shakes his head and goes away - thatĀ“s funniest drunk scene iĀ“ve ever seen, and so minimalistic (at least to that point)

ā€˜moment to killā€™ for me

Most probably itā€™s just an interesting coincidence, but Iā€™ve noticed that in the film thereā€™s one of those out of focus/depth of field tricks that as everybody knows are a recurring theme in Lucio Fulciā€™s cinema (the examples are from Donā€™t Torture a Duckling and A Lizard in a Womanā€™s Skin, the latter with Alberto de Mendoza and George Rigaud).

A nice movie with a very powerful ending, however I expected something much more impressiveā€¦ :ā€™(
The worst thing in this movie was definitely a pace. Itā€™s so heavily cut that it makes hard to watch (the version I saw was VCI dvd)ā€¦
It could have been a very good spaghetti, but somehow the movie cannot become something really great for me. Despite cuts, Iā€™d like to watch an uncut version, as I have a feeling
this one is truly superb film with a big potentialā€¦ :ā€™(
An another western that needs to get a good DVD releaseā€¦ :slight_smile:
Only 3 stars, although Iā€™d like to give moreā€¦

the endscene with bull and borgnine was shocking
but all in all i also expected something more impressive

Exactly, but I still think the uncut version might be very, very good. It has truly superb moments (the unfinished duel Borgnine vs. Hilton, the opening scene). I can understand why people love this one.
One of the Hilton best performances (aside from The ruthless four), Borgnine (his appearance gives this film loads of quality - he was incredible actor) and great soundtrack (Ferrio is great).
Iā€™m looking forward to re-release without any missing scenes, directorā€™s cut. :cry:

The DC improves the film a lot

One of my favourite spgas actually.

yes, that opening scene on a battlefield is great, i was expecting more Civil Warā€¦

I think George Hilton, and the rest of the cast too (except for that Borgnine didnā€™t work that much on any kind of Mexican accent or Mexican anything for that matter. But he didnā€™t do any bad acting tho) was great in this. One of my fave Spaghs too!

Damn, I have a feeling it has to be a great spaghetti. Unfortunately VCI disc is so heavily cut. Is there any uncut DVD released?

No, but a fan version, which uses the VCI. Quality of the new scenes (taken form a Swedish 2,35:1 VHS is very good, even the colors are identical). It is so good that I donā€™t need a DVD at the moment, unless there is a still longer version.
But would love to see a koch release of ti.

There is another fan project from a Spanish 2.35 T.V print with english audio that runs to around 100 mins and 30 seconds.

Which scenes are cut in the VCI version?

The sub-plot with the lovely Annabella Incontrera is missing! :frowning:

Stantonā€™s post from the past sums things up Silence.

Btw Ennio, if the runtime of your Spanish based version is a Pal runtime it would have indeed a 105 Min runtime, about 3 min longer than the fandub.

Anica.It opts for a 107 or 108 min runtime.