3 Bullets for Ringo / 3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo (Emimmo Salvi, 1966)

Average at best. But if you are not a fan of the two stars I cannot see you liking this a great deal.

Iā€™d rate it one star only. Although Iā€™ve seen even worst.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:40, topic:1029ā€]Always surprising, those comments by Stanton.
Havenā€™t seen the movie, so canā€™t judge

Your comments make me curious. So far I didnā€™t feel like watching it, being a fan of neither Mitchell nor Hargitay, and with all these sour comments about the film being so boooooooooooring.[/quote]

I also liked to a certain extent Wanted Johnny Texas. The stories are often messy or even rubbish, but they have some scenes and shots which look pretty original, and which I rewatched several times.

Some may call these films trash ā€¦

I agree with P PEREIRA this was not up to much for meā€¦but as he said i,ve seen worseā€¦wish i never parted with the lolly

Finally got around to seeing this one. I definitely donā€™t think itā€™s as bad as some people make it out to be, but itā€™s surely nothing groundbreaking. Itā€™s got a mixture of everything ā€“ Itā€™s good, itā€™s bad. It serious, itā€™s comical (and unintentionally comical.) The soundtrack is good, itā€™s bad. Itā€™s a western, itā€™s horror. The acting is terrible, the editing is terrible, but there is just something about it. I think the bad editing actully help it because it created some weird vibes. At times, I could swear Mario Bava was involved with the green/red/yellow gels on the lights. That said, who knows if Iā€™ll watch it again, but it was definitely better than I expected (based stuff Iā€™ve red on the net.)

Menard, I am with you on Gordon Mitchell. I find him to be an extremely charismatic and likable screen prescence. When he is given a part like this one, or BEYOND THE LAW, he really flexes his acting muscles, rather than his actual muscles, LOL.

This review contains spoilers:

3 Bullets for Ringo (1966) is not a good film. Yet it has a really hummable main theme, attractive opening titles, interesting lighting and a decent performance from Gordon Mitchell as a conlficted anti-villain who has an interesting dynamic with the hero Mickey Hargitay. There even some flashs of intriguing direction from the patchy Emimmo Salvi; alas though, there isnā€™t much else left to worthwhile. The scriptā€™s very abrupt with characterisations and the film jumps years very suddenly, seemingly for not much reason. There is a good scene where Mrs. Carson (Margherita Horowitz) is murdered, but thatā€™s about it. The action is boringly made and the overall film lacks punch as well as good acting (although with the screenplay they have, thatā€™s not surprising). A stolid 2/5.

Halfway through this movie now. Wow, what a piece of crap. Really shitty in pretty much every department, from story telling to production values. Much like the wardrobe, the action scenes hurt the eyes, very painful stuff. The jokes donā€™t work at all, but neither does the seriousness. The script jumps from one plot device to the other, but none of it comes to fruition. This movie is a real chore to sit through. The only redeeming factor is Gordon Mitchell. Definitely one for the Bottom 20 list, judging from what Iā€™ve had to endure so far.

The SWs directed by Emimmo Salvi are characterised by a very unique and to some extent fascinating look. Letā€™s have no misunderstanding, they are mediocre movies, however despite the really bad start I liked this one more than Wanted Johnny Texas and I would very much like to watch the ten minutes longer uncut version.

More or less the same runtime of the IIF Italian DVD derived from the 1970s re-release called Lo chiamavano Ora Pro Nobis. Where is the VM14 original (in early April '66 there were cuts to revoke the prohibition for under 14), and what is the duration of the Brazilian DVD?

According to this source the Brazilian dvd runs 100 min.
http://dvdworld.com.br/dvdworld.hts?+FS99357+acha+/3-balas-para-ringo

Anyway, I managed to finish the movie. I totally disagree with you. There is absolutely nothing unique or fascinating about it. Itā€™s cheap, bland, incoherent and very badly made (script, camera work, editing, action choreography, costumes).

So far Iā€™ve seen four of Salviā€™s film. They score on average 4/10 from me. This one 3/10. Sure, he had not much money to work with, but his films always look like some hack with no ideas shot them in a theme park. This is a recurring thing, also in his peplums. This nonsense that this is supposed to be peplum inspired leads me to believe that the people who say that never have even seen his peplums. Trust me, he didnā€™t know shit, or simply didnā€™t bother to care, about that genre either.

Enjoyed more than last time, but still just an ok western. The Koch dvd is better than the Wild East oneā€¦what a surprise :grinning: The weirdest moment is the dancing scene with the tribal style dudes dancing to a theme with hints of the score from the first Dollar film.

Finally watched it. Nothing to write home about (thatā€™s why I wrote a review for the database), a Ringo-no-Ringo movie that jumps from plot device to plot device to plot device ā€¦

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/3_Bullets_for_Ringo_Review

1 Like

This is the SW of the Month. I have added some secondary actors to the cast list.and added a cast page. Check it out, let me know of additions or problems.

1 Like

As previously mentioned, the original rating was VM14: the sequences described below were only toned down in the all ages admitted version, but today from what i recall thereā€™s no trace of the scene in point 3 (little boy kicked by the guy accompanying the blinded Ringo).

As for the about ten minutes missing, 3 or 4 jumps are quite recognizable (for instance at the end of the crazy saloon scene, immediately after the gold coins on the counter).

I tried to watch this once, but itā€™s almost painful to watch those extremely cheesy studio sets. Salviaā€™s other spagh Wanted Johnny Texas is probably just as cheap, but at least it has a lot of good action and atmosphere.

Its a Spaghetti Westernā€¦Some great , some cheap but all in all entertainment

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new layout. It could however use some love. Let us know if any corrections are necessary or if you could add information, links, reviews or pictures.

I saw this movie yesterday. I liked.
Good performance by Hargitay, but he resembles the American hero, fleeing the SW. It was very smooth.

Mitchell was very psychopathic, and Jane, Ringoā€™s wife, surprised.

Some scenes could have been unnecessary, such as the drumming in the cave and the allusion to the Civil War.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spagvemberfest 2023 - or the crows will drink our beers

What a weird off beat movie with theatrical acting, wacky characters and 50s peplum sets. It is actually quite charming if you are in a mood for such a trip.

The both main protagonists are somewhat derranged (amplified by the choice of overacting/stiff Hargitay and Mitchell and English dubbing) and the villain looks like a gangster from 1930s.

It is probably the most defendable sw guilty pleasure you could find and I loved the epic soundtrack.