3 Bullets for Ringo / 3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo (Emimmo Salvi, 1966)

I think all the “prairie”-parts were shot in Django’s original mud pit.

Check out the bottom of this review, it says:

Available from Wild East Productions on a splendid widescreen DVD release of the full original 100 minute version.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058861/usercomments

I can’t find my wild east one to double check but i had my Koch one at hand and it runs for 87 odd minutes.

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference (apart from the wild East one having the English language track)

Not viewed the Wild East disc yet, but the running time of the Wild East dvd is 87mins and 7 seconds.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:23, topic:1029”]Not viewed the Wild East disc yet, but the running time of the Wild East dvd is 87mins and 7 seconds.[/quote]Cheers Ennioo, he’s talking shit then.

Just got round to viewing the Wild East disc which seems to have been in my to watch pile for ages. Previously viewed on VHS, so this was a huge improvement re quality. Like the credits and the sound of rifles being cocked. Gordon Mitchell did not do enough lead Spaghetti roles for my liking, so always good to see the man in action. The ceremony with black dancers seems out of place in the film for me. Something about Hargitay I do not like, not sure what though.

His preening manner? His nonexistent acting ability? Then again, it maybe a little unfair to single him out from so many others…

Yes thats the fellow !

For me, one of the real bad SW.
Rarely seen such a bad actor.
The film has also often very American.
My rating 2 / 10.

Which of the actors?

Mickey Hargitay and Gordon Mitchell.
I know there are fans of Mitchell. I am not.
Sorry. :slight_smile:

Don’t remember Hargitay being a grandiose actor but I think he’s ok. I think Mitchell is pretty good as well, but I haven’t seen this film.

You have not seen the film?
You’ve missed nothing. :wink:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:32, topic:1029”]You have not seen the film?
You’ve missed nothing. ;)[/quote]

True. It’s not great. Could have been a lot better with a different lead to Hargitay. And a different director to be honest.

Watched the koch media DVD this week and had quite a good time although it certainly was a mid-tier spaghetti western with a little too much american influences for my taste.

It was a joy to see Gordon Mitchell in a bigger part besides his usual extended cameos in the Fidani movies. He might not be the best actor but you gotta love his crazy face and he certainly steals the show in this one with his aggresive performance. Our hero played by Hargitay is the totally opposite. I found him to be one of the most uncharismatic actors to ever grace the screen. His face is a blank mask and he seems trouble having to express any kind of emotions. His handsome smooth babyface also works against since it’s a spaghetti western we’re talking about. I want rough and rugged looks not Mr. America.

The budget was obviously quite low judging from the locations and outfits. But director Salvi manages to interject some nice gothic horror influences like a thunderstorm, howling wolves and a shoot out in a cave which is lighted with bright gel lights ala Mario Bava. These quirky influences make this SW worth a viewing although it doubt i will watch it again soon.

In the end the movie presents some original elements and unique influences but this sadly not enough to save it from mediocrity. It’s too americanized for my taste and it’s low budget and shoddy script reveals it’s many flaws. Okay for a late night viewing but hardly worth your cash.

[quote=“Phil H, post:1, topic:1029”]3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo - The Spaghetti Western Database

on the whole, not a big winner for me, but passed the time ok.[/quote][quote=“Dillinger, post:14, topic:1029”]Have you ever seen a SW that used so many standard ideas of plot?

Mexican Gangs, Civil War, Revenge, Land War, Love and Jealousy. Everything is in there. usially we have one or two of these scenarios in a SW and they are enough to fill the flick, but 3 Bullets wastes it all. So many scenarios and so boring.

At least we got plenty od unwillingly comic scenes, that make the flick halfway enjoyable…[/quote]

Just about sums it up for me :slight_smile:

[quote=“The Stranger, post:28, topic:1029”]For me, one of the real bad SW.
Rarely seen such a bad actor.
The film has also often very American.
My rating 2 / 10.[/quote]

I agree to you… 2/10

Verry boring and bad Movie…

I’ve seen this one recently and found it very pathetic. The shooting is very badly done, the worst I’ve seen lately.
The plot is also very week and the whole cast are in my opinion in a dumb mode. Avoid it!

cant wait to watch this one with all those good reports and reviews…surely it cant be that bad…LOL :slight_smile: Got it but scared to watch it now :’(

In fact, after rewatching it via the Koch DVD, it is in parts pretty well made, with some uneven and some trashy moments.

Quirky and entertaining.

[quote=“Stanton, post:39, topic:1029”]In fact, after rewatching it via the Koch DVD, it is in parts pretty well made, with some uneven and some trashy moments.

Quirky and entertaining.[/quote]

Always surprising, those comments by Stanton.
Haven’t seen the movie, so can’t judge

Your comments make me curious. So far I didn’t feel like watching it, being a fan of neither Mitchell nor Hargitay, and with all these sour comments about the film being so boooooooooooring.